BajaNomad

MULEGE or NOT MULEGE

catwoman888 - 10-16-2006 at 09:54 AM

Hi there!
I have more or less sussed out my first Baja trip for the 11 days I have from SJD to San Diego. Staying 4 days in La Paz from where I can explore and dive and 2 days in Cabo Pulmo.
Then 3 days in Loretto and one in San Ignacio and San Quintin. (driving around La Paz then busing north from La Paz).

Now, because of the hurricane and reading about the damage in Mulege, I have not included this town in my itinerary at all. Should I??
I have been told I should absolutely go to Bahia Conception. Is it accessible by bus??

Thanks!!

Bruce R Leech - 10-16-2006 at 10:09 AM

there is no reason not to come to Mulege as far as travailing goes every thing is normal except for the fishing is better than it has been in years.

if any one wants to do something good for Mulege the best thing is to come and visit stay a few days and enjoy.

So, Bruce

Hook - 10-16-2006 at 10:21 AM

you are saying that there is lots of motel availability in Mulege right now?

Bruce R Leech - 10-16-2006 at 10:46 AM

I think all the hotels have rooms now

Diver - 10-16-2006 at 11:24 AM

Don has rooms at Serenidad as do many others. I have heard good things about the new dive operators in town. Any recent word, Bruce ?

You can get a bus to Mulege but I'm not sure about how to get to conception from there. Any auto rentals or taxis in Mulege ??

Mulege is a great little town and much more "mexican" than some of the other tourist areas. The beaches at conception are a "must see" for sure.

capt. mike - 10-16-2006 at 03:36 PM

yes!! nacho will take you to concepcion for a great price and even wait on you for just a tad more.

he is avail at the taxi stand accross from Ruben's farmacia.

he has a very charp van mang.
seriously , a cabbie with a golden heart. i brought him a turkey for turkey day last year.

Bob and Susan - 10-16-2006 at 04:47 PM

it's just GREAT here right now!!!

Come on down!!!!

2 votes for Nacho!!

lindsay - 10-20-2006 at 08:15 PM

Capt. Mike is right now about Nacho...when I lived there for about 2 years, he would drive me to Santa Rosalia and he'd hang out with me when I had to wait for the one hour photo place to develop pictures for my students' different projects in the museum or at the high school, CECyT, they attended.

Now, he's my 6 year daughter's favorite "taxiste" and she loves him driving us to the beach in his plush mini-van. If he drives you in Mulege, tell him Lindsay and Sarita will see him in December!!

Have a great trip and enjoy Mulege if you get down there!!