BajaNomad

Really interesting ads at Nomads

Debra - 12-17-2003 at 09:10 PM

Has anyone else noticed? Or is it my imagination? It seems that what ever topic is active on an existing post the "Google" ad at the top is realitive to the post. How do they do that? Try my Toyota question.....the ads are all about that.

It is pretty cool.

Stephanie Jackter - 12-17-2003 at 10:42 PM

Google uses the same keyword process that it uses in its search engine process to figure out just what to advertise on any given thread. Modern marketing is more and more targeted to small, interest specific groups.- Stephanie

David K - 12-18-2003 at 12:46 AM

They are cool to be able to do that. When we were discussing tea tree oil (first aid in a bottle) for treating a sting or burn in an old thread, an ad for a tea tree oil importer/distributor was showing!

REMINDER: Keeping Baja Nomad Forums on the Internet costs money and Doug has a big growing family. So, please just click on a google ad that looks interesting (often) because Google pays Doug a little bit everytime one of us looks at an ad, and it really helps keep this site going. Also, buy the new 2004 Baja Calendar from Nomad and anything else that you like in the Nomad Tienda... Thanks, for helping support Doug's site!

Silly Me............I'm clicking.......,nice.........to have an ad I want to read

Debra - 12-18-2003 at 01:33 AM

I hate "pop ups"and ads........

Debra - 12-18-2003 at 02:22 PM

But, I have to say.......I love the way Nomad's does this.........and ......because ....I make it a point to click on those ads 3 times every time I log in.......I have to ' click' now Bye

And David K. I'm sorry.....but, your "tea tree oil stinks!)

bajalera - 12-18-2003 at 06:32 PM

Thanks for that info, DK. I've never looked at those ads, but will give 'em a click or two from now on.

- Lera