BajaNomad

insurance and bank letter

Anonymous - 12-18-2003 at 09:50 AM

I am still making payments on my car, so technically the bank owns it. I called the bank to ask them to write a letter saying it is ok to take the car to Mexico (to get insurance). They said I should not need the letter.

Am I going to run into any problems because I don't have a letter from the bank?

steve

bufeo - 12-18-2003 at 10:24 AM

I don't think so.

We purchased our truck two years ago when we found it difficult to ignore the zeros, i.e. 0 down, 0% money from GMAC for 3 years.

Our insurance is an annual policy, but the company (Qu?litas through Lewis & Lewis) did not require anything from GM or us. GM told me they didn't care so we drive back and forth with regularity. Don't think there will be a problem

[Edited on 12-18-2003 by bufeo]

bufeo - 12-18-2003 at 01:49 PM

Steve,
I'm editing this reply after reading the replies you received on Fred's board. All those reasons for having a letter of permission from your bank seem valid. What I failed to say in my response here is that the letter I have from GM is apparently adequate, and I did show the letter to the police in San Felipe to verify that I would be all right in case of an accident.