BajaNomad

How's the road from Pta Abreojos to Bahia Ascuncion?

TecateRay - 10-23-2006 at 08:02 PM

Has anyone travelled this route lately? Any good camping along the way? I'm planning to do a little 4x4 driving and exploring on my way back from the Baja 1000 and thought this would be a good trip. I'm driving a full sized Chevy 4x4, pretty much stock and I'd appreciate any info on travelling in this area.:yes:

Bajaboy - 10-23-2006 at 09:01 PM

Hey TecateRay-

I'll be out that way next week (Bahia Asuncion). I might head down that road. If so, I'll report back as to what I find. Otherwise, I'll ask around and let you know what I hear.

Zac

TecateRay - 10-24-2006 at 07:19 AM

Thanks! I couldn't ask for a more recent update!!!:yes:

shari - 10-24-2006 at 08:52 AM

It rained like crazy all day yesterday and last night so the road will be rough...this road really is a nasty thing, every time I take it I swear I will NEVER take it again. Make sure you have a good spare or two! It's fine in some spots and downright crappy in alot of places...bring your VHF in case you break down...give us a shout and come and visit us in "Asuncion to let us know how you made out. There are lots of great camp spots though...when going through San Hipolito make sure you ask for Tita and Bimbo, our sister in laws family who live right on the beach next to the boat launch area...their kids will show you all the hot spots to surf, fish and dive and are awesome folks...you may even get a lobster dinner...bring beer! Hope to see you soon....