BajaNomad

George and Ms. Tioga are in Mexico!

Santiago - 10-25-2006 at 05:57 AM

http://vagabonders-supreme.net/

I posted this last year but we have so many new folks I thought I would do it again: The above link takes you to a travel blog of a George, a full-time boondocker, and he has just entered Baja for the winter. I find it interesting to check in with him a few times each week while he's in Baja as his blog often contain the little daily interactions that I enjoy.

4baja - 10-25-2006 at 06:46 AM

just got a e-mail from a buddy whose dad spent a week in bola. he said the north wind blew every dad and except for one 20 pound dorado it was nothing but trash bottom fish. hope thing look up for our trip in two weeks. hows the tuna fishing up by your place?:coolup:

Hook - 10-25-2006 at 08:56 AM

Thanks for the link. I love reading about good boondocking and dry camping experiences.

Although I'm not sure behind a Pemex qualifies.............hey, he made the best of a bad situation!

Probably all of us have been lost in TJ, at least for a short time.

Paulina - 10-25-2006 at 11:09 AM

Thanks Santiago for the reminder. I followed George last year but lost track. We've bookmarked it as to not do that again.
I wish I were doing laundry in Rosarito right now too!

oh, and Steve, thanks for the weather report. Hope not too many 'moms' got blown around either!

P.

AmoPescar - 10-25-2006 at 11:38 AM

SANTIAGO...

Thanks for the link to George and Tioga. Great Stuff!

Amo

aha baja - 10-25-2006 at 06:18 PM

Who got blown around? What?? Where???:wow::tumble::wow:that winds jaw must be awful tired:lol:

[Edited on 01-19-2004 by aha baja]

vgabndo - 10-25-2006 at 07:56 PM

I just followed the link to George's site, and clicked on Behind the Scenes, then onto My Values. IMHO, therein lies the value of his contribution. There are four "sub-items" with which I take exception, but otherwise; would that we could all be so thoughtful.

[Edited on 10-26-2006 by vgabndo]

Oh Lord!

Hook - 10-26-2006 at 12:14 AM

They're going to have to deal with the migra office in Ensenada.

This could get interesting.............

Bajagypsy - 10-26-2006 at 07:52 AM

It's always been my dream to drive around and just stay where I want, I must have been a gypsy in my last life:bounce:

aha baja - 10-26-2006 at 08:14 AM

He's got a cool web site. Almost like he is writing a book or a screen play:spingrin:

bufeo - 10-27-2006 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

You might want to see George's entry today after going through Migra and having to pay a fine for not getting his FMT at the border. :mad:

Hook - 10-27-2006 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bufeo
Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

You might want to see George's entry today after going through Migra and having to pay a fine for not getting his FMT at the border. :mad:

HAH! Well, none of us are surprised.

They probably didnt want any pictures taken of the building cause they thought it might be used to uncover their BLATANT EXTORTION OF FUNDS FROM TOURISTS!

[Edited on 10-27-2006 by Hook]

bajalou - 10-27-2006 at 06:24 PM

We have been informed by the immigration people that FMTs will no longer be issued in San Felipe - neither at the office nor the airport. Also, they no longer can stamp FM2s and FM3s for arrival and departure. All of the preceding must be done in Mexicali (or Tecate or Tijuana)

comitan - 10-29-2006 at 04:06 PM

If you look into this blog now you will find an ad for the Trump

Condos.

Try this link.

http://www.miamirealestatetrends.com/pages/TrumpBajaMexico.a...

[Edited on 10-29-2006 by comitan]