BajaNomad

"Today's Posts"

Oso - 10-25-2006 at 06:50 PM

Just an observation: Clicking on this now produces three pages of posts on the same date, at least it did today and seems to most days.*

Congratulations Doug! The growth of this website is nothing short of phenomenal. Hope you eventually even make a buck.

*and that doesn't even include Off-Topic!:lol:

Mike Supino - 10-25-2006 at 07:46 PM

Averages:
44.26 posts per member
3,154.93 posts per forum
8.76 replies per thread
87.76 posts per day
1.93 new members per day
53.43% of all members have posted.

Member of the Day is Hook with 11 posts

Paula - 10-25-2006 at 07:59 PM

hhmmmmm....

what's the prize? I may re-join under an alias.:):)

vgabndo - 10-25-2006 at 07:59 PM

Hey Hook, do you have one of those programs that lets you have the Nomad site up on your screen in the studio, and with one mouse click switch the screen to something that looks like work!!! :lol::lol:

Paula - 10-25-2006 at 08:05 PM

ON second thought, I think it is enough of a prize to have this great forum.

Thank you Doug:dudette:

BajaNomad - 10-25-2006 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
Clicking on this now produces three pages of posts on the same date, at least it did today and seems to most days.*

Congratulations Doug! The growth of this website is nothing short of phenomenal. Hope you eventually even make a buck.

*and that doesn't even include Off-Topic!:lol:
The forums here are what they are because of the visitors here. I just work at keeping the software and hardware functioning - and act as the de facto referee on occasion.

Of note: I set the "today's posts" long ago to actually show all the active threads for the past *48* hours.

As far as making a buck... maybe the Baja Nomad t-shirts going up in the Tienda will prove popular? We'll find out. BN shirts for the first time ever.... and possibly the last time.

:O

Thanks Oso.

Baja Bernie - 10-25-2006 at 09:11 PM

Hey! I got my Nomad T'shirt yesterday and they are Fabulous--and they have a pocket for glasses and 'stuff'.

You guys and gals best get them while they last. Good quality stuff.

Cypress - 10-26-2006 at 08:35 AM

Today's Posts My #1 source for Baja-related information.:DThanks Doug.:yes:

shari - 10-26-2006 at 10:27 AM

I appreciate that today's posts are from the last 48 hours just in case I miss a day, I don't have to open other forums and can catch up the last couple days in Today's Posts...I would even welcome a 72 hour today's posts format. Awesome sight even if some grumpy Nomads do hurt my feelings. I really do have the best intentions to help visitors understand this complex culture.

Cypress - 10-26-2006 at 01:12 PM

Shari, Your intentions?:?: You've always come across as being upbeat and positive:D In my opinion you don't owe anybody apologies as a result of your posts.:)Some folks are easily offended.:light:Offended is their claim to fame.:o

Janice - 10-30-2006 at 10:27 PM

I agree with Cypress...Shari, I've found your advice to be helpful. Last year, we had some odd looks from some of the locals when inquiring about langosta, we didn't know the season had not started yet, and their reaction was a mystery until later. All advice, unsolicited or not, can be helpful for a newbie.