BajaNomad

Nomads hit the road for Asuncion

zforbes - 10-26-2006 at 03:26 PM

Hola, Nomads! Tomorrow I leave to visit Shari in Asuncion. This started out many months ago to be an adventure trip that I would make solo from the bus station in Tijuana and report back to my family. But once my son (Zac aka Bajaboy) heard about the plan, he decided that it called for special efforts on his part to drive me down and spend his time camping while I was visiting. (You gotta love a son who makes this kind of sacrifice...camping in Baja to help out his mom). However, in the course of the last year, he and Tracy, his wife, met Juan and Shari quite by accident. So my solo adventure has turned into a family outing, complete with a stop at Baja Cactus in one of the new rooms. I am so excited...going to learn a little Spanish, eat some good seafood, learn a little more about Baja, and visit with interesting people...what more could I ask for! All because of the Nomads board, where I first met Shari. More later after I return...Zoe

elgatoloco - 10-26-2006 at 03:33 PM

Happy travels.

Sorry we can't join you, maybe next time.

It's a shame you have to drag your son kicking and screaming down that lovely peninsula. :biggrin:

You are going to love it.

chino - 10-26-2006 at 03:34 PM

good for you Zoe, I am sure you will have a great time! you already have such a great attitude adout going, I cant wait to hear your guys report, bien viajes, chino

David K - 10-26-2006 at 10:04 PM

You will have a wonderful time!

POOR BAJABOY... has to go down too (yah right!) Poor indeed!!! :rolleyes:

shari - 10-27-2006 at 09:01 AM

We are really looking forward to meeting Zoe and we've got lots of yummy seafood prepared...my famous snail burgers, crab cakes, pithaya waffles, lobster burritos....shucks, I gotta go eat something. Most of the village knows they are coming and all are ready to show them a good time.

Shari..

Tomas Tierra - 10-27-2006 at 09:18 AM

do you ever make ceviche de langosta???

I had a couple of big ones ( one ten pounder and a twelve pounder) to big to sit down and eat, so I made some ceviche the other day, DELICOUS!! good option when there is no sea bass.

lobster was boiled first.

looking forward to a trip report Zoe y Zac...I'm sure it will be beutiful after the first rain in 2 years (wow!)

vandenberg - 10-27-2006 at 12:54 PM

Shari,

Our friends, Wendy and Phil Singleton from Roseburg, Oregon, on their way to Loreto, will stop by your place sometime next week. He wants to see the underwater rail line and the caves. No idea if he told you that he was coming, but that is his plan. Hope you have accomodations for them.
Seems you're going to have a load of visitors.:P:P