BajaNomad

Otay Crossing

SDRonni - 10-26-2006 at 08:58 PM

Spent 1 1/2 hours at Otay crossing today, starting at 3:35 p.m. Our first time crossing at Otay because we heard it was shorter...NOT! Does anyone know if this is now normal for Otay or was something crazy going on today that I don't know about?

Bajaboy - 10-26-2006 at 09:35 PM

crossed there on a Sunday about 1 month ago and waited 4.5 hours! Lucky you.

Zac

David K - 10-26-2006 at 09:42 PM

ONLY 1 1/2 hours!!! Wow, lucky you!!!

Just kidding... sort of!

If you want a short wait avoid afternoons. 45 min. to 1 hour usually... I have stopped using Tecate, as they only have two lanes and the lines always seem to be 2 hours or longer! Of course that is on Sunday afternoons...

BajaWarrior - 10-26-2006 at 09:44 PM

Luck of the draw I guess....

At our border, (East Mexicali crossing) sometimes on a Sunday night it's drive to the booth or wait no more than an hour (usual time is 30 minutes).

We have never figured out why it is a short line sometimes and long the other times. :?:

paul r - 10-26-2006 at 10:58 PM

we cross frequently, and yes it's get longer and longer, any day any time, any crossing.... plan ahead and just be patient, ....good luck!

Bob and Susan - 10-27-2006 at 06:13 AM

remember...its not the mexicans slowing you down...

its the USA border team...

last week the border team was on alert because some kid called in a hoax:fire:

BornFisher - 10-27-2006 at 11:27 AM

Just wait another 6 weeks!! The 2 weeks before Christmas are the worst!!

Phil C - 10-27-2006 at 02:21 PM

Sentri

movinguy - 10-27-2006 at 03:52 PM

Yes - SENTRI at Otay last Saturday @ 7 p.m. - 30 seconds :bounce:

toneart - 10-27-2006 at 04:09 PM

If you don't have to be back at work on Monday A.M. you should avoid weekend crossings going North. I would rather pay for a hotel in El Rosario, San Quentin or Ensenada, so I can cross in late morning or early afternoon...on a weekday.

My externally imposed agoraphobia causes me to not go anywhere on a weekend. I like to stay in, turn on the sun lamp, grab a cerveza and a good book and feel self-riteous.:cool: Or, if I am not home and do not have access to these things, I usually assume the fetal position and rock until it's over.:O

chino - 10-28-2006 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
If you don't have to be back at work on Monday A.M. you should avoid weekend crossings going North. I would rather pay for a hotel in El Rosario, San Quentin or Ensenada, so I can cross in late morning or early afternoon...on a weekday.

My externally imposed agoraphobia causes me to not go anywhere on a weekend. I like to stay in, turn on the sun lamp, grab a cerveza and a good book and feel self-riteous.:cool: Or, if I am not home and do not have access to these things, I usually assume the fetal position and rock until it's over.:O

Word!,
Isnt' that what sick leave is for?, or an eye problem and I cant see going to work!