BajaNomad

La Paz Ferry to Mazatlan, reservation required?

Iflyfish - 11-1-2006 at 03:07 PM

We are planning to take the ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan end of Jan/Feb. Will we need to make reservations.

Any tips on the best way to do this. We have a 24' motor home. Are there suites on the ferry?

I once asked this question of a ferry from Bella Coola British Columbia to Port Hardy Vancouver Island and was told to get on early and take a padded seat in the dining car. We slept on pads while most slept on the floor. It pays to ask!

My brother once took a ferry from Santa Rosalia to Guymas
and wore kaki clothes, acting distinguished and aloof. He was immediatly put at the front of the line and provided with a suite. They thought he was military or something.

Anyway, we would appreciate any info you might have.

Thanks,

Ilfyfish

Ferry

sunslim - 11-1-2006 at 04:41 PM

I would recommend a reservation for a vehicle that size. The phone numbers for reserving are listed on their site;
http://www.ferrytmc.com/
I wouldn't call their rooms a suite but they are satisfactory. Two single beds and a bathroom with sink, shower, and toilet. You can sit on the toilet for the shower if you wish. The rooms are clean just spartan. The restaurant was quite good when I was last on it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
We are planning to take the ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan end of Jan/Feb. Will we need to make reservations.

Any tips on the best way to do this. We have a 24' motor home. Are there suites on the ferry?

I once asked this question of a ferry from Bella Coola British Columbia to Port Hardy Vancouver Island and was told to get on early and take a padded seat in the dining car. We slept on pads while most slept on the floor. It pays to ask!

My brother once took a ferry from Santa Rosalia to Guymas
and wore kaki clothes, acting distinguished and aloof. He was immediatly put at the front of the line and provided with a suite. They thought he was military or something.

Anyway, we would appreciate any info you might have.

Thanks,

Ilfyfish

Iflyfish - 11-1-2006 at 10:52 PM

Thanks for the very helpful information. I appreciate your efforts.

Iflyfish

Crusoe - 11-2-2006 at 09:30 AM

Hi Fly----One very small point if I may. You may want to camp at Tecolote Beach a few miles S. E. of the ferry terminal and wait for a day with calm sea conditions. If you can,the ride will be more enjoyable.:biggrin: