BajaNomad

VIVA BAJA CACTUS TIJUANA TRIP

AmoPescar - 11-5-2006 at 10:08 PM

YES, WE HAD A FANTASTIC DAY!

I'm sure David K will write a full trip report very soon.

Some of us had more fun than others and had to pay the price for it!!!!

Amo Pescar being manhandled by 2 of Tijuana’s finest

Can't help but ask

fdt - 11-5-2006 at 10:20 PM

Was that picture taken as they placed the gps tracking device on you? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ken Cooke - 11-5-2006 at 10:28 PM

Poor guy, someone buy him a Bufadora...

AmoPescar - 11-6-2006 at 01:39 PM

Hey There FDT...regarding the GPS

Yes, this picture was taken right before the fitted me with the GPS Ankle
Bracelet and did the FACIAL RECOGNITION scan of me. I can now be sen on the BIG SCREEN at the TPD C&CC.

Sadly, I am now "wasting away in a Margaritaville" cell. Would someone PLEASE mount a Nomads effort and come and break me OUT!!!

What's up with that picture anyway??? I think the photographer must of had to many Vino and Cerveza samples!!! LOL

Miguel Cortez :saint:

What an adventure!

John M - 11-6-2006 at 01:58 PM

Who would possibly think we could get 40+ Nomads all in one place - much less on a bus!

This was a delightful excursion. From the wonderful welcome we received at the CECUT from officials, to the museum tour, winery tour with a little tasting - oh the cheese - it was great! Then on to the TJ Beer brewery - this shows that a small operation can compete with the big guys, at least on a local level - "TJ Beer" - who'd have thunk it? As many others have pointed out, the command center was amazing - Don't believe we could accomplish that in California for 150 million pesos ( 15 million dollars wouldn't get us anything to compare I don't think!).

The stop at the local Historical Society was interesting - great photographs of local interest were a delight to see.

The dinner - simply great! The raffle was also a very nice touch with many nice offerings.

And oh yea, the special birthday cake and Tequila - another thing to bring smiles to our faces - Maybe I should turn another year older at each of our get-togethers.

Barbara and I had a wonderful time - can't wait to see what is in store for us on the next event.

Thank you to all those who planned this, and to our fellow Nomads in whose company we delighted. You are all great!

John and Barbara M.