BajaNomad

Temp in Mulege

Bajagypsy - 11-9-2006 at 08:12 AM

Just wondering what the temp is in Mulege, as we leave tomorrow, and this morning it was - 22 degrees with a windchill making it feel like -30, I need something to hang on to here!!!!!

Natalie Ann - 11-9-2006 at 08:39 AM

Not to worry, Gypsy, it's lots warmer in Mulege. Pack your summer clothes and plan to have fun.

Bruce R Leech - 11-9-2006 at 09:29 AM

65 at night 85 in the daytime right now

Bajagypsy - 11-9-2006 at 09:40 AM

YEAH!!!!!! Now that is good weather.:yes:

Summanus - 11-9-2006 at 09:52 AM

Have a good trip, Bajagypsy...on the Road to Baja. Leave that snowblower behind!

toneart - 11-9-2006 at 09:58 AM

Gypsy,

Do bring a jacket or warm sweater because the nights will soon be chilly. I made that mistake last winter, assuming it would not be needed, and I wasn't prepared for the 39-40 degree (f) early mornings. How long will you be here? December, January is definitely chilly but during the day the sun is out and it warms up nicely. Oh, and it gets windy too, especially on the water. If you are diving you will need a wetsuit in the winter.

Bajagypsy - 11-9-2006 at 10:35 AM

As I am always cold, I have packed the sweaters, etc. Anything has to be better than the temps here!!!

Summanus - 11-9-2006 at 12:22 PM

Bajagypsy...I love that name. Something we all are at heart.

So ...Saskatchewan, eh? One of God's truly great places....the northern part especially.

The southern half...well, the way some locals described it to me was like this:

IT'S FLAT...BUT IT'S COLD.

would that be close?

shari - 11-9-2006 at 12:42 PM

Hey there gypsy girl, we're in a heat wave here but starting to cool off today but the water is awesome, we've been boogey boarding every day in a nice long swell coming into san roque...can't wait to see ya.

Diver - 11-9-2006 at 02:18 PM

Save the weather for me !!
Leaving in 7 weeks......and counting......each day...... !!

Al G - 11-9-2006 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Save the weather for me !!
Leaving in 7 weeks......and counting......each day...... !!

Diver..I will blaze the trail ahead of you....Will you pick up any of my beer bottles I miss?:lol::lol:
Gypsy... I will pick up yours...:lol:

Diver - 11-9-2006 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Diver..I will blaze the trail ahead of you....Will you pick up any of my beer bottles I miss?:lol::lol:

They are worth money ! Let me now where you leave them !!

Here is a story I posted a few years ago about a trip to La Ventana;

One day as the kids were reciting their montra; What can we do now ? My wife came up with an idea from her childhood.
Rattlesnake tails can be made by piercing a hole in the center of a bunch of bottle caps and stringing them on a knotted twine.

We sicked the kids on the entire camp ! They were everywhere, collecting all the bottle caps they could. They had people saving them all over the camp. The kids would get up in the morning and leave to check on the guys that said "come back in the morning, we'll have plenty!"

We had rattlesnake tails all over the camp. Hanging from trees and campers and tents.........it was a beautiful thing !

Al G - 11-9-2006 at 03:27 PM

Now "THAT'S" a Baja Story,,,:spingrin:

DianaT - 11-9-2006 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by Al G

They are worth money ! Let me now where you leave them !!

Here is a story I posted a few years ago about a trip to La Ventana;

One day as the kids were reciting their montra; What can we do now ? My wife came up with an idea from her childhood.
Rattlesnake tails can be made by piercing a hole in the center of a bunch of bottle caps and stringing them on a knotted twine.

We sicked the kids on the entire camp ! They were everywhere, collecting all the bottle caps they could. They had people saving them all over the camp. The kids would get up in the morning and leave to check on the guys that said "come back in the morning, we'll have plenty!"

We had rattlesnake tails all over the camp. Hanging from trees and campers and tents.........it was a beautiful thing !

Your wife is a genius----great story. :yes::yes::yes:

Diane

Summanus - 11-9-2006 at 07:01 PM

It's been sometime since I was a kid, but I am still not too old to make a few of those 'rattlers' as gifts for the little people in our lives. My wife is gonna love 'em, too....especially when I surprise her with them! Thanks for a good thought, Diver.

vgabndo - 11-9-2006 at 07:16 PM

Driving home from work this afternoon, the clouds cleared and WHOA snow down to 8000 ft. forecast down to 5000 ft.on Saturday. We leave for Mexico in 132 hours...not that I'm counting.:lol:

First snow 005.jpg - 32kB

rivergirl - 11-9-2006 at 11:48 PM

Diver, your story is great! If we are able to take our Jan. Baja trip (STILL NOT SURE IF WE GET TO:barf: ) My 3 year old & 11 year old are always looking for projects & that would be fun!:)

Have a wonderful trip Bajagypsy, vgabndo & all others heading south.

Our family hopes to make our 7th Baja trip in 9 years this Jan-Feb
Dec. on the beach was fantastic last year.

vgabndo - 11-10-2006 at 12:27 AM

Rivergirl:

We're neighbors!!! I hadn't noticed. Welcome to the board. We have quite a few Baja people in Mt. Shasta.

rivergirl - 11-10-2006 at 12:59 AM

Vgabndo:
Thanks for the welcome... I have been checking the board for years but havent posted many times.... Dont know why...I thank everyone for all their posts and will try harder to do my part! Of course this time of year I start to get baja fever. Mt. Shasta was beautiful today(I was in Yreka today)
I hope you have a great vacation! Any luck and we will head south and be in Mulege again for the month of Jan. :spingrin:

Bajagypsy - 11-10-2006 at 05:36 AM

Summanus, Yes that is a good discription, flat and cold. Northern Saskatchewan is still very beautiful, it takes a while to drive up there as it is a grid road, but the kids and I go camping up there and it is great, there is no one around, crystal clear lakes, and all the fish you could possiblly want to catch. Great in the summer, but sucks in the winter, that is why I'm ment to be in Baja in the winter;);)

Summanus - 11-10-2006 at 09:04 AM

Couldn't agree more, Bajagypsy. Those pre-Cambrian rock shield lakes are truly a great experience. I wouldn't mind a few trips up there in the summer...but WINTER?....will pass on that.

I hope you enjoy Baja. Where will you be camping mostly?

Bajagypsy - 11-10-2006 at 09:06 AM

We will be spending November 12 - 18 at Shari & Juan's then 18 - 24 on a beach near Mulege!! Can't wait, busy packing, It's a long drive, and we do it straight through, so I'm going to have to catch some zzzz as I do the night driving, and hubby drives during the day!!!