BajaNomad

Clothing and Blanket Drive for Nogales Poor

Stephanie Jackter - 11-28-2002 at 11:21 AM

If there is anyone
around Tucson who might be interested in joining me to take stuff down to Nogales, I will be making at least one trip before Christmas and a couple afterwards from an anual drive I do at my kids' school. The people in the barrios in Nogales
can use blankets, comforters, sweaters, coats, gloves, warm shoes, sleeping bags, sweats,
and any other particularly warm clothing. I also keep my eye out for cheap bikes, skates and
sturdy cooking pans, and stuff like bats and balls and crayons, coloring books and craft sets
from the dollar stores for the kids. If you can help in any way, including with delivery, give
me a holler. Happy Thanksgiving. - Stephanie

JESSE - 11-28-2002 at 02:12 PM

Steph,

I am going to be in Cananea betwen the 25th of December and the 15th of January, if theres anyway i can help i can drive to Nogales.

If you are able to stop at Cananea, let me know, theres a few jars of fresh homemade salsa with your name on it that will rock your world.

[Edited on 11-28-2002 by JESSE]

Anonymous - 11-28-2002 at 07:08 PM

I may just take you up on that. I've lived here many years, but never been to Cananea. Do you have relatives there? People always tell me there's a fantastic roadside painting of the virgen on a mountain near there. Are you familiar with it?- Stephanie

JESSE - 11-28-2002 at 11:30 PM

I am going with a friend of mine, her parents have a grocery store there, i am familiar with that virgin painting, its in the road to Hermosillo about 1 hr south of Cananea.

LMK