BajaNomad

Need Rec's on RV Park-Loreto

thefishaholic - 11-14-2006 at 10:54 AM

Finally getting our dates for Baja firmed up. Now if you all could help us with the which RV park in Loreto you'd recommend we'd really appreciate it.

Leaving Colo approx Jan 14 and arrive the 20th. We have a F350 w/34' Jayco. Also travelling with friends in a 30 MH.

:spingrin:64 bottles of beer till Baja!!!

Summanus - 11-14-2006 at 11:54 AM

This information is 2 years old, but we have stayed at Loreto Shores and at Tripui south of Loreto next to Puerto Escondido. Maybe there are more recent additions for RVers? Seems to me there was also one in town nearer the malecon.

jerry - 11-14-2006 at 12:13 PM

theres a very nice rv park on fransisco medero on the north side of loreto 1 block in from the lapinta just before the preportoria(school) cant remember the namewalking distance to most things
loreto shores in nice too long dusty walk to town
tripui coolbut out of loreto
and then theres Le morrow its small right down town a half block from the malicon walkiung distance from most everything

how long will you be staying in loreto?

RV Park

tehag - 11-14-2006 at 03:55 PM

http://www.riveradelmar.com

DianaT - 11-14-2006 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
http://www.riveradelmar.com

Super nice people---family run. When we were there in 2005 they were just opening a cafe.

Both on the way down and on the way back there were not a lot of people there---except when the caravan arrived.

bill erhardt - 11-14-2006 at 05:26 PM

For the nicest trailer park in Loreto, it is the Rivera del Mar, hands down. If you stay at another you will end up going there anyway because the cafe at the Rivera also has the best breakfasts in town. I say this as one who has lived across the street from Loreto Shores for the past 4 years and stayed at the El Moro trailer park before I bought my palapa.

toneart - 11-14-2006 at 06:24 PM

Another vote here for Rivera del Mar. Nice family and great cafe. You can walk to town easily.

jerry - 11-14-2006 at 06:44 PM

yup rivera del mar is the one i was mentioning and on your way todown town you will find the best bakery in town along with a pizza place ,car wash, and the fruiteria icecream stands and will walk directly into the center of the city square injoy jerry

Lee - 11-15-2006 at 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
yup rivera del mar is the one i was mentioning and on your way todown town you will find the best bakery in town along with a pizza place ,car wash, and the fruiteria icecream stands and will walk directly into the center of the city square injoy jerry

I would say everyone on this thread stays at the Riviera.

I'd stay there again. There is a home to the right of the showers on the other side of a wall that will have the occassional party. If it's going late, you won't sleep.

:cool:

jerry - 11-15-2006 at 11:45 PM

in that case just mosy up and inviteyour self you will most likly be welcome

jerry - 11-15-2006 at 11:46 PM

chech your u2us

jerry - 11-15-2006 at 11:51 PM

that was i great move?? oh well

kellychapman - 11-16-2006 at 12:16 PM

looks like we all agree on Rivera Del Mar....it is a wonderful place to stay with everything you need including a laundry facility...play on your computor...and omg...was riding my bike by the other day and the smell of Camarones de Ajo....garlic shrimp....was so overwhelming we went in and ate some...and I finally learned how they make it so perfectly fantastic. Wonderful people,so be sure and make a reservation just in case.....travel safely.....

Thanks for the help!!

thefishaholic - 11-17-2006 at 09:34 AM

We called the Rivera and they have 2 carravans comming while we are there (5 weeks) and asked if we would move out for them? We are planning to move up to the Santispec area around Feb 23 till late March.
As we are planning on spending our winters in Baja starting next Oct is this normal for the parks in Baja?
Any one have experience with Loreto shores or Tripui?

jerry - 11-17-2006 at 09:50 AM

this park is in demand and the caravans make reservations way ahead for a large group you might check with the other places to move to i think the carivans are only there for a few days
last year my friend don had to move for a few days one time to loreto shores so it has happened before dont worry be happy

DianaT - 11-17-2006 at 10:26 AM

Sure can't blame them for taking the caravans. But, they don't stay long.

When we were there, we had a very small trailer so she tucked us in where the big rigs didn't fit---we were sure glad when the caravan left a day later.

Rivera's with a caravan

Rivera's without the caravan

Would stay there again even if I had to move for a day or two.

Diane

Thanks for the help!!

thefishaholic - 12-1-2006 at 02:14 PM

We would like to thank you all for the help and look forward to our trip and meeting some of you.
We are hooked up at Loreto Shores Jan 19.
Hopefully we will arrive in time to watch the palyoffs.
GO BRONCOS :wow:

Phil C - 12-1-2006 at 04:58 PM

Hope all's well with your trip. The Chargers should make you forget about the Broncs soon enough!!!

Crusoe - 12-1-2006 at 06:18 PM

The River Del Mar is one of the nicest rv parks in all Baja. There is no way you will be disapointed. I might add also, there is free dry camping south of Loreto near Puerto Escondido on Rattlesnake beach. Its close to Tripui,and the folks at the store there can tell you how to access it. Have fun.:spingrin: