BajaNomad

From Dust to Glory - film Fri 11/17 in Punta Banda

bajabound2005 - 11-16-2006 at 08:14 AM

Friday Night at the Movies! The first and third Friday of every month we have movies.

Place: Gertrude Pearlman Theatre
Campo La Jolla, Punta Banda
16 km south of Ensenada on road to La Bufadora

Friday, Nov. 17, 2006
6:00 p.m.
$3 per person (donation)

“Dust to Glory”
Rating: PG
An action-adventure documentary chronicling the most notorious and dangerous race in the world--the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000. Rivaling the Indy 500 and 25 Hours of Daytona, the race across Baja's peninsula is unpredictable, grueling and raw--just like the uncharted American West of yesteryear. To capture the vast desert panoramas and intense action of the race, the film team utilized, fifty-five cameras, four helicopters, a four-passenger buggy camera car and a crew of over eighty people. Thousands of participants, generations of families and racing icons such as Robby Gordon, Mario Andretti, Jimmy Vasser and Motorcycle Supercross legend Mike Mouse McCoy joined together to experience the thrill and glory of the infamous race--an event of sheer human determination. (source: IMDB.com).

bajamigo - 11-19-2006 at 09:03 AM

Saw the film and loved it. For those of you who believe the race is simply about selfish highs and environmental destruction (as I once did), you'll appreciate learning about all the good some of these men AND women do for the people of Mexico.

kellychapman - 11-19-2006 at 10:59 PM

omg.....you mean this verifies that this is really a sport!!!! I feel so much better after being chastised that I would think such a thing......I cannot wait to see the movie and thank you so much for giving us a heads up on the coming attraction. hmmmmmmmm.....the most notorious and dangerous race in the world......I cannot even imagine the thrill of such a race. So much for having to rely on the opions of others that consider the Baja 1000 as a "anyone" can do because it is so easy....and not a sport that requires skill....yahoooooo.....:P