BajaNomad

Fly Fishing

jorgie - 11-17-2006 at 06:48 AM

I am headed for Bahia Asuncion and have the split cane fly rod on board. How many and what size are legal ? My trusty salmon gear is with me.

Skipjack Joe - 11-17-2006 at 10:19 AM

I googled this up for you. It looks like you can even apply for a fishing license through this site.

http://www.ontheroadin.com/travelinnformation/fishing_regulations_in_mexico.htm

Iflyfish - 11-17-2006 at 03:50 PM

SkipJack Yu de MAN!!!!

Thank you very much for this post. You have made life much easier.

I am still wondering what sort of lures are productive both from shore and from panga in Asuncion?

I have lots of wiggle warts, wonder if those would be productive? They are hot here in Oregon for salmon/steelhead/walleye/bass. Seems like they all like wiggle warts.

I plan on bringing krockadiles, cleos for casting. Most fish like those. I have an assortment of bait casting equipment, weights, hooks etc.

Jorgie, all that I have read would make me conclude that a good 7/8/9 wt long graphite with large capacity reels would be the way to go. I too have a split bamboo and would be worried about the salt water, heat, sand etc. Salt water is the enemy of steel line guides, farrals etc. Unless of course you either want to sacrifice it to the great sea gods or have one designed for the purpose. I am all in favor of sacrifice of course and if you want to be the one this year to carry that cargo, my sombrero is off to you.

I am looking forward to reading your fish report.

Iflyfish, when I am not other kind of fishing and not sitting on my tracero, my new spanish word for the week.