Bruce R Leech - 11-18-2006 at 08:22 PM

good question:?:

Wrong question

Dave - 11-18-2006 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
is a cross bow, cross bow pistol, shaft shooter, legal in mexico to possess/
??

I've read threads about machetes, air/flare guns and now...cross bows. It doesn't matter if they are legal. What matters is if you will be allowed to keep them. I don't know what the odds are but your chances are always 50-50. ;D

jerry - 11-18-2006 at 10:57 PM

well i think it matters a lot
maybe 50 -50 that yourll get caught with a gun but 20 years if you do im not playing those odds i d rather know whats legal and go from there
if there legal you can get some kinda paperwork saying so and mexico lovers paper with all those stamps

Iflyfish - 11-18-2006 at 11:20 PM

Jerry, I one got a tent trailer accross the border into Baja using a Nordstrom receipt. True story. I asked him to stamp the paper and he did! Used the stamped paper again later.

I fly fish when I am not doing other stuff that is not flyfishing.

cross bow?

Summanus - 11-19-2006 at 04:29 AM

I am curious as to why you would be interested in bringing such a thing into Baja? I have known many people who have brought longbows, compounds, etc, but never a crossbow. I am assuming this will be a defense weapon?

Interesting mental scenario. Reminds me of the mob scene of shark hunters in JAWS....arrows sticking out of some dead nurse shark....dynamite sticks tossed..jeez, what a sight!;)

I can picture the poor bandidos now.....

Spear Gun..

M - 11-19-2006 at 04:39 AM

When I first started to scuba, I was given a pneumatic, 16", pistol grip/trigger spear-gun. The short legnth and pistol grip made it very easy to manuever and shoot. It had a hell of a punch and went right through a halibut head, from 6' away, with no problems.
I imagine it would stop someone right in their tracks. Even if it were a bad shot, the spring loaded double barb spear head will have enough of a horror factor to subdue just about any ill intentions. It's also as legal as can be wherever you are. Just be sure to accompany it with a mask and snorkel.
I also carried a machete and pepper spray which were also legal. Luckily, I was never in a position to need anything against another human being, but with all the latest violence, I think it would be a good idea to have SOME sort of defense. A damn shame isn't it?
M

[Edited on 19-11-2006 by M]

Summanus - 11-19-2006 at 04:52 AM

Harpoon

Bob and Susan - 11-19-2006 at 07:52 AM

remember when you raise that crossbow...

when guns are illegal ONLY criminals will have guns;D

welcome to the darkside:tumble:

Lee - 11-19-2006 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
Harpoon

Cat-O-Nine-Tails. Maybe a Cutlass backup?

:cool:

bajaandy - 11-19-2006 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Cat-O-Nine-Tails. Maybe a Cutlass backup?

:cool:

Arrrrggggggg

motoged - 11-19-2006 at 11:02 AM

Okay, imagine the scenario.....folks getting accosted:

'Honey, have you seen that box with our assorted weaponry? "

" You mean that milk crate with the swords and nunchucks? It was over there beside the barbeque last time I saw it. "

"No, the other box, the one with the sharpened garden implements and the C-4....you know, that one the kids gave us before we left the Ensenada Walmart/"

"Oh, I left that in the trunk of the car....just a minute, I will see if I can find the car keys. Can you ask those guys to wait a minute .... what do they want, anyways...."

Ged

jerry - 11-19-2006 at 11:15 AM

iflyfish (Jerry, I one got a tent trailer accross the border into Baja using a Nordstrom receipt. True story. I asked him to stamp the paper and he did! Used the stamped paper again later. )
Why would you need a paper to take a tent traileer into baja??

Summanus(I am curious as to why you would be interested in bringing such a thing into Baja? I have known many people who have brought longbows, compounds, etc, but never a crossbow. I am assuming this will be a defense weapon?

You assume right

great idea M
and yes it sucks but i think nessary