BajaNomad

The Green Flash

Keri - 11-21-2006 at 07:04 AM

Thought you might enjoy these.
http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/pictures.html
http://www.intersoft.it/galaxlux/GreenFlashGallery.htm Really Beautiful. Enjoy,k:tumble::yes:

Marie-Rose - 11-21-2006 at 08:26 AM

Thank you for that Keri. I have found myself standing on wrk"s porch looking over the Pacific watching for the "green flash" and not ever seeing it or really knowing what I was
looking for! Can't wait to try again!!:tumble:

Bruce R Leech - 11-21-2006 at 08:35 AM

I have seen it several times while sailing. it is assume.:bounce:

bajarich - 11-21-2006 at 10:13 AM

I've seen it from my fishing boat at Las Frailes.

BajaGeoff - 11-21-2006 at 03:06 PM

I have seen the green flash happen while eating at the Green Flash (restaurant).

Bruce R Leech - 11-21-2006 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGeoff
I have seen the green flash happen while eating at the Green Flash (restaurant).

where is theGreen Flash restaurant?:?:

Frigatebird - 11-21-2006 at 05:09 PM

Didn't your mother tell you NOT to stare, even if it's a flasher?

The following link disagrees somewhat. I'll stare at the pictures just in case.:O

Sun Safety

[Edited on 11-22-2006 by Frigatebird]

Dave - 11-21-2006 at 05:20 PM

I have seen the flash at sunrise.

In 1969 I saw one that lasted for 7 days. :cool:

And late last night.

(Yesterday, a friend returned from a Peruvian vacation and gave me a bottle of Pisco Puro.)

I'll take a wild guess

Dave - 11-21-2006 at 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGeoff

Somewhere in the Keys?

Green Flash

sunslim - 11-21-2006 at 05:45 PM

You didn't see it because there is no such thing. A figment of active imaginations.
Quote:
Originally posted by Marie-Rose
Thank you for that Keri. I have found myself standing on wrk"s porch looking over the Pacific watching for the "green flash" and not ever seeing it or really knowing what I was
looking for! Can't wait to try again!!:tumble:

woody with a view - 11-21-2006 at 05:52 PM

Quote:

I have seen the green flash happen while eating at the Green Flash

mission/pacific beach, CA

Dave...

Mexray - 11-21-2006 at 11:43 PM

...a memory from the past...Pisco Puro...

I can remember over 50 years ago, our next door neighbor was a walking boss on the San Francisco Docks during the Harry Bridges days. Returning from the docks one evening, he brought over a newly acquired bottle of South American hooch called, Pisco Puro! He and my folks had some good laughs over a few shots of the stuff - I was a bit to young to get to try it out!

I suspect there was always a bit of 'trading' going on with the masters of those ships calling on San Francisco - these were the days before container ships, and I can imagine there were many an 'adjustment' to the cargo as it was unloaded on the docks! No wonder the Unions were dead against the coming of container ship operations!