BajaNomad

Baja 1000 - Best Spots to Check It Out

bajasammy - 11-21-2006 at 07:05 PM

I went down for a 'dudes' trip to the Baja 1000 this past weekend - and we had a blast!!!

Since I haven't been down to the race in awhile, we decided to just hang around the start area and watch 'em blast down the wash.

What are some of your favorite spots to check it out?

baja1000-2.jpg - 49kB

gtx510 - 11-21-2006 at 07:25 PM

Notice any white Jeep Grand Cherokees while you were there? 2000 model.
roofrack, dented rear liftgate, tow hitch, Bilsteins, Rancho steering stabilizer, dented core support....

bbbait - 11-21-2006 at 07:54 PM

I vote for Bahia Cristina, 5 miles blw Puertecitos. Up on the hill you could see them coming for a half a mile and then going for another mile. And our neighbor over the ridge was doing a topless presentation for everyone. At one point two helicopters were hovering above her and the spectators down below thought there was a serious accident there cause of all the attention going on. She was right at a curve, where most of the riders were taking care of business. But during one stretch there were 4 bikes coming thru and 2 of them looked up at her, so she was getting at least half of their attention some of the time!

Geronimo - 11-21-2006 at 09:50 PM

bbbait,

I did'nt get a chance to stop, shower on the brain and the sun going down, did you have a big four seater at your place? The car passed us up in the sisters. I was in an overstuffed black ranger with a rack for mast antenna.

bbbait - 11-22-2006 at 05:50 AM

Sorry I missed you! Yes, our friend was staying at our camp and using the buggy to pre run and then his crew chased him with it in the class 12 he was racing. Friday he gave some of the local kids in camp rides in it. Needless to say, they were awestruck!

4baja - 11-22-2006 at 07:52 AM

i vote south of bay of la, we had a huge hole in front of us with some awsome action.

bajasammy - 11-22-2006 at 10:16 AM

Our favorite spot was where they come around the 2nd corner after the start. The guy who hit the corner hardest was Robbie Gordon (didn't get a picture of him though - I was too busy trying to get out the way!). Very cool...

baja1000-1ss.jpg - 41kB