BajaNomad

Binational Emergency Medical Rescue Group

toneart - 11-29-2006 at 04:10 PM

Have any Nomads used or know someone who has needed to use Bi-national Emergency Medical Group? They are based in Chula Vista, CA. Are they legitimate/reliable?

A membership card costs $30. On their website they claim to be able to get you evacuated quickly, perform search and rescue and act as liason while hospitalized in Mexico. How can they charge so little compared with SkyMed which charges a whole lot more?

Diver - 11-29-2006 at 04:13 PM

I believe they are non-profit.
There membership is also sold through Discover Baja.
You could call and ask them about the service.

BajaNomad - 11-29-2006 at 04:21 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=8179

Natalie Ann - 11-29-2006 at 04:21 PM

Isn't that Cecelia Diaz and friends? I understand their service is good and is reliable, and I have no idea how they do it for that small amount in annual premium. I believe Nomads member Jeans had some experience with them when her mom broke a body part while at Gonzaga Bay. Perhaps one of you who knows Jeans - David K or M or ? - might ask her to comment.

TMW - 11-29-2006 at 07:15 PM

I think they coordinate with various government (Mexican and U.S.) and private companies and individuals when necessary to get you out. The cost of doing it is still something you pay. You can get an emergency evacuation policy as part of your auto insurance that would cover most if not all of the evacuation cost. BEMRG would be a coordinator to get the right people to the right place to get it done.

David K - 11-29-2006 at 07:26 PM

Yes, both Baja Angel and I are members... Celia is a GOOD person!

toneart - 11-29-2006 at 11:19 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I have enough information now. I will become a member.:D