BajaNomad

hotels in ensenada

bajabob13 - 12-1-2006 at 08:06 PM

Looking for hotel in or around Esenada that has safe parking for truck & boat.
Thanks Bob

bajabound2005 - 12-1-2006 at 08:07 PM

for when and for why?

Bob and Susan - 12-1-2006 at 08:14 PM

bob

i go a little farther to camalu

Villa Margarite

5 or 10 minutes past the pemex

Clean rooms $25 one bed $35 two beds

Good trailer and boat parking without backing

next day you easily make naranjos by 3 or 4 PM

thebajarunner - 12-1-2006 at 08:31 PM

Shoot, if you make it to Camalu, you might as well soldier on and stay with Baja Cactus in ER.

BajaNomad - 12-1-2006 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabob13
Looking for hotel in or around Esenada that has safe parking for truck & boat.
The San Nicolas comes top-of-mind:

http://www.sannicolashotel.com

Bob and Susan - 12-2-2006 at 07:00 AM

bajarunner...i would...it's way better but...

it's not trailer and boat friendly.

sorry antonio....

thebajarunner - 12-2-2006 at 10:43 AM

yeah, just was thinking that with a 24 hour station there you could park alongside under the lights...
nice try!

David K - 12-2-2006 at 11:00 AM

The area where the Baja Cactus Motel will someday expand (behind the white wall/ gate) is where Antonio has let large RVs and people towing boats pull in for secure, camera watched parking. You need to ask...

Bob and Susan - 12-2-2006 at 11:14 AM

thebajarunner..

i like to be unobserved at night with a guard and a chain....

too many people drive in and out
and drive by a pemex station to leave a boat or loaded trailer to be truly secure....

when antonio finishes his secure parking i'll go there...

bajabob13 - 12-2-2006 at 10:11 PM

thanks for the help, we usually cross the border at TJ about 5 am, stop at El Rosario or San Quintin. This time we are crossing the border around 1pm, we decided to spend the night at Estero Beach, if we make excellent time Santo Thomas. thanks again

Two race rigs stolen from Estero

TecateRay - 12-3-2006 at 07:24 AM

Rumor has it that two complete tow truck/race or prerunners on trailers were stolen from Estero during the Baja 1000. I usually stay at the Bahia, right in town. Not quite as nice as Estero, but they have remodelled recently and their fenced lot has a 24 hour guard. Don't forget to tip the guard before you settle in for the night, I figure it's just a little extra insurance.

TMW - 12-3-2006 at 07:37 AM

The Corona hotel has a large lot that can handle a truck and boat. Not sure but I think they have a security guard too. The Las Palmas also has room for truck and boat. The La Pinta and San Nicolas have fenced areas and I think they have security guards.

More than rumor...

TecateRay - 12-3-2006 at 07:45 AM

Here's a quote from earlier posts re: theft from Estero:
"Stolen from Estero Beach Ensanada ,sometime between 9.pm and 10 30 pm 11 -7 06
Doug Browns 02 F350 white superduty diesel truck Ca lic # GS52518 ,truck was full of chase equipment ,radios,tools spares ect.,also Nils Castillo's laptop.
Billy Robertson's Moulton prerunner,white,Subaru 2.5 n/a engine,Mendiola trans new BTR wheels Goodyear tires ,Roadmaster radio.
Black dualwheel flatbed trailer large Grey and white storage box full of spares on the front.
everything has Checker stickers.
I'm on the way out the door ,i should be in S.F by noon,pitting at RM 180-81.
The prerunner is a 2 seater,,beam front ,torsion rear,Fox shocks"
There was also a different report of a second rig missing.:mad:

BajaNomad - 12-3-2006 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TecateRay
Here's a quote from earlier posts re: theft from Estero:
"Stolen from Estero Beach Ensanada ,sometime between 9.pm and 10 30 pm 11 -7 06
Doug Browns 02 F350 white superduty diesel truck Ca lic # GS52518 ,truck was full of chase equipment ,radios,tools spares ect.,also Nils Castillo's laptop.
Billy Robertson's Moulton prerunner,white,Subaru 2.5 n/a engine,Mendiola trans new BTR wheels Goodyear tires ,Roadmaster radio.
Black dualwheel flatbed trailer large Grey and white storage box full of spares on the front.
everything has Checker stickers.
I'm on the way out the door ,i should be in S.F by noon,pitting at RM 180-81.
The prerunner is a 2 seater,,beam front ,torsion rear,Fox shocks"
There was also a different report of a second rig missing.:mad:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20836

DENNIS - 12-3-2006 at 12:13 PM

What happened to him after he was caught?

tripledigitken - 12-3-2006 at 07:02 PM

I second the recommendation for San Nicholas. Fenced guarded lot. Have used it 3 times with no problems. Rooms are higher than average if that is a problem. Around $75-$80 I think.

kellychapman - 12-3-2006 at 08:41 PM

We or I always stay at Hotel Azteca south of town that is protected by wall all the way around with 24 hour security.....not expensive....right off the road...next to Pem Ex and some food before heading south....they have always been really good to us....and I sneak my dog in too when they aren't looking....:cool: the nice thing is all the lights and feeling of security for me....

QuePasaBaja - 12-4-2006 at 04:23 PM

There are a ton of places that you can stay. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

DENNIS - 12-4-2006 at 05:57 PM

I thought the point was secure places.
Actually, you are the security. Dont park anywhere without a means to watch your own property.
The U.S. mindset allows for trust and it doesn't work here.
Hose A told the story of the thief who ran to a waiting car. Had he been intercepted, he may have been beaten untill his badge fell out of his pocket.
Nobody cares that your property is obsconded from a fenced area. Nobody.
Ensenada is a snake-pit and every snake is a thief. It breaks my heart to say this but, I have lived here for too many years and seen too many changes. It now seems that some disenfranchised feel an entitlement to others property. And that's what's happening. I think it will get worse.

marv sherrill - 12-4-2006 at 06:26 PM

I have found that Las Palmas is the best - reasonable and 24 hour office is in the middle of the parking lot! - A steel gate is raised and lowered after each vehicle passes - I think they do accomodate boats inside - most secure Hotel in Ensenada!! Great seafood resturant next door if the hotel one is not open!

Santiago - 12-4-2006 at 06:46 PM

I've stayed at Las Palmas about a dozen times with my boat and have never had a problem - the thieves would have to raise the gate and then run over a sleeping dog with out waking the guard (who will be asleep in shack) and the night porter who will also be asleep on a matress behind the counter. :lol: Costs about $80/night so it's not the cheapest around. Do not get a room on the ground floor near the pool - 2 of the most rauckus (sp) parrots I have ever heard are kept in a cage - you will not get any sleep.

bajabob13 - 12-4-2006 at 08:33 PM

I think I will go back to my normal routine. Cross the border at TJ early in the morning, go as far as I can before dark. I can usually make it to Cativina, or at least to El Rosario. I have stayed at both places many times with the boat & no problems. We have a palapa on the beach at Los Naranjos & make the trip several times a year.
I want to thank all of you for your input. Bob