BajaNomad

Photo smart

Gadget - 12-2-2006 at 06:13 PM

Thanks to David K for his educating me on the photo post procedures. As a test I have hopefully posted a photo of the GSB Bronco freshly prepped and ready for another Baja adventure. :tumble::spingrin:

[Edited on 12-3-2006 by Gadget]

and thanks to my patient wife Leslie nursing me through this on our end.

bronco 1rs.JPG - 47kB

Diver - 12-2-2006 at 06:26 PM

Now you've gone and p'd off Ken; that's not a JEEP !! :lol:
Looks like a Ford "Hummer".

Bruce R Leech - 12-2-2006 at 06:38 PM

nice looking rig Gadget

Gadget - 12-2-2006 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Now you've gone and p'd off Ken; that's not a JEEP !! :lol:
Looks like a Ford "Hummer".

Please, no Ford and GM product comments in the same sentence ;D.

It's 16"s of custom built suspension on all for corners, all wheel drive, fully caged and all kinds of fun. After her first 6000 lb. wheely in it I think even the wife forgot about all the money and time I have in it. We and the LocosMocos crew consider it the Leatherman multi-tool of Broncos. We have close to 50 racer, chaser and crew extractions on it to date. I'll post some photos ( thanks David K ) of our extraction efforts in Mulege after Hurricane John when I get a chance.

Diver - 12-2-2006 at 06:52 PM

Yikes !
Got a phone number ?; sounds like you could pull my F350 if it ever gets stuck !!

Yes, more pictures please !! :biggrin:

And my deepest apologies about using that C word. I shall wash my mouth out immediately. Thank goodness nobody said the T word !! :lol:

Gadget - 12-2-2006 at 07:40 PM

That's OK Diver. I'm really no vehicle make primadonna. Actually, Ken can rest easy as we also own a Jeep Grand Cherokee. With the V8 and the Quadra drive option, IMO it's the best out of the box 4X SUV on the market. We put some BGF all terrains on it and have not found where it won't go, except for a trail where sheet metal damage was in the cards, but the drive train was still willing. And... the gear driven hubs and viscos center transfer case is very similar to the H1 design.
And as for Toyota, well most of the Locos crew are in em and they are certainly worthy rigs, even bone stock!

David K - 12-2-2006 at 10:52 PM

Good Job Gadget!!!

You learn well... so keep 'em coming!!!

TMW - 12-3-2006 at 07:04 AM

Great looking rig. I'm sure many of us Nomads would like to hear more of the Locos Mocos adventures. You guys do a great job.

Gadget - 12-3-2006 at 02:47 PM

Thank you TW. The wonderful comments we get from the race and general public is what keeps us going. A big amount of our efforts are out of pocket, so our love for Baja, helping others and the encouragement we get is our pay. Check out the website for info, stories and photos ( if we aren't down do to another hacker ). We try to post a race / pit report after each race once we've cleaned up and or repaired all our gear and reconnected with reality. When one of us gets one done I'll post it.

Ken Cooke - 12-5-2006 at 06:20 PM

The Bronc' looks like a fun ride. My first choice was an old-school Bronco, but the Jeep won in the end...