BajaNomad

Fog water collection in BCN

upip2gether - 12-5-2006 at 12:16 PM

Hi everyone!

On June 28 of this year I placed a post here (under upip2gether) about collecting water from fog, asking the names of mayors of towns and villages south of Ensenada in an area roughly bounded by: Maneadero, Santo Tomas, San Vicente going south, then east to Ejido Jamau and following Hwy 3 north to Ojos Negros, and closing the loop from there back to Maneadero. Then all kinds of things happened in my life, and I’m just now getting back to it. Let me start by thanking the wonderful folks who responded with their information.

Al G, you suggested I provide specifics re
? land area = quantity of water recovery
? Equipment investment? and what materials?
? density of coastal fog needed
Is this experiential or known process?
I will address those questions in a separate post.

Those of us in the fog water collection business are of course well aware of those Namibian desert beetles. To my knowledge their bumpy water collection surface has not yet been tried on a test scale. Interesting idea, though.

thebajarunner: I did contact the orphanage. They never responded. Still scratching my head.

bajabound2005: It’s good to know you don’t have much fog. It’s so important to know where the fog occurs. I appreciate your offer of help.

wilderone: Interesting! Do you happen to know the location of those fog water collectors. It would be great to collaborate with whoever put them up.

bajajudy: We did contact the Mayor of Ensenada, twice, once snail mail (registered, return receipt) and then via email. Not a peep. Not even a courtesy no-thanks. Oh well. Different subject: how clever of you to decode my user name. I guess I have a wet fetish. And no, there are no preconditions to friendship, only facilitators.

And that’s basically where things are at here at fog water central. I have a problem remembering to check this board (or any board for that matter). So please feel free to email me at reston1976@yahoo.com.

Thanks again …Fred