BajaNomad

Does Anybody Know ?

MrBillM - 12-5-2006 at 12:58 PM

Earlier in the year, or perhaps last year, Adjacent to Hwy 5 at the South end of Laguna Salada, there was a "Garrison" complete with Military Helicopter built Northwest next to the small isolated hill that rises from the Salt Flat on the West side near the highway. It has since disappeared. My assumption is that it was a movie set, but I've never read anything about it or what movie it might have been.

?????????????????????

bajalou - 12-5-2006 at 01:01 PM

It was a movie set. Movie wrapped up and set is gone.

Well, Shucks, Pilgrim.

MrBillM - 12-5-2006 at 02:02 PM

Do you have any idea what the MovieTitle was ?

Along those lines, awhile back they were doing some filming alongside I10 West of Palm Springs among the Wind Mills. A huge number of trucks, light standards, gensets, Helicopters and more for well over a week. We never got an answer regarding the movie involved.

Later, we went to see Mission Impossible 3 and, there, in the early sequences was the windmill farm, supposedly in Germany. Considering how much effort was put into what turned out to be a few minutes on film, it's understandable why these movies cost so much. That, and the outrageous salaries paid the stars, of course.

bajalou - 12-5-2006 at 02:04 PM

Don't remember the name etc of the film. Was held up onetime crossing the Laguna for them to finish filming on the highway.

The Net in San Felipe posted some stuff about the movie while it was being filmed. Kat had the name but I sure don't remember it.

viabaja - 12-5-2006 at 08:15 PM

Bill,

I think the Net said it was "something Revolution # 3? It was obviously a movie with a big budget!!!!

C

Bob and Susan - 12-5-2006 at 08:37 PM

here is the real answer....

"It was Jarhead with Jammie Fox on Laguna Salada and a few locations in the USA."

don't ask how i know:O