BajaNomad

David K. More help, please.

Ski Baja - 12-30-2003 at 03:49 PM

I'm the OP who asked for some ideas for day hikes out of La Paz. You suggested I try the Ramal San Antonio de La Sierra. It turns out it is 27 kilometers long according to its sign, and in places fairly rough with ruts large enough to high center a regular car. They require some navigation to drive around.
There's a big arroyo within the first kilometer. Is that where you meant to start walking in? Or did you mean that I should drive to the end of the road? I drove about 7or 8 kilometers down the Ramal, but didn't find anything like streams or pools or large fig trees. I'd like to take another go at it if you have the time to give me some more guidance. I'll only be here until Jan. 2 so if you pick up this post before then, I'll check for an answer. By the way, they have a brand new Museum of Music in Triunfo. An odd, but interesting place to visit. Part of a government project to spiff up Triunfo. They plan a Mining Museum there, also.
Many thanks.
Steve

Ski Baja - 12-30-2003 at 03:53 PM

I don't know what the computer glitch was, but the author of the "David K. More help please" was not Ski Baja. It was me, Steve. Apologies to Ski Baja.

Steve

Debra - 12-30-2003 at 07:22 PM

David is on his was to Camp Gecko (or already there) he won't be back until the 5th (I think...... though, he might check the board while there, you might "e" him to make sure he gets you questions. Happy New Year Everyone!

Hey

Ski Baja - 12-31-2003 at 01:31 PM

neither one of those posts are mine. Wonder who I will show up as. This could be fun heh heh heh. No worries Debra. Weird huh?

are we sure it's not Halloween instead of New Year?

Debra - 12-31-2003 at 05:54 PM

That is weird....