BajaNomad

Iflyfish ~ YouFlyfish ~ something is Fishy...

djh - 12-19-2006 at 02:49 PM

On a more serious note....

How should we properly address our Nomad amigo "Iflyfish"

Should it not be "YouFlyFish" ? ?

To say "Hey, Iflyfish" isn't quite right...

So... I suggest we all address our amigo as "Youflyfish"...

Unless, of course "Heflyfish" catches a sucker... (which My grand dad used to call a "Bugle Mouth Bass".... )... in which case we should possibly use the title:

"Youshouldn'tflyfishanymoretoday"

Someone please help with this.... I have other things to think about (maybe).

djh

capt. mike - 12-19-2006 at 03:20 PM

you clearly have way too much idle time on your hands mi amiga.

amiga...? Yo, Capt. Mike...

djh - 12-19-2006 at 03:28 PM

Don't you mean Amigo ? ?

Yeah... and maybe a bad case of cabin fever...!!

I've tried a Corona injection... I've tried Rx Sousa and an IV of Quervo... Nothing seems to cure the bug.

Couldn't get my doc. to write a perscription for a week in Loreto, so I gotta pay for it myself...

BTW... you got enough time to read it (and reply ) . . . so maybe we're in the same boat ? ? :?: :)

djh

Cypress - 12-19-2006 at 03:47 PM

Cabin fever!!! What do you want to know about Cabin fever? Can definitely contribute to that discussion.;)

Fever

baitcast - 12-19-2006 at 04:49 PM

Cypress knows all about cabin fever and if he does,nt
know now he will in a month or two:lol:
BAITCAST

Don Alley - 12-19-2006 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Hey, give the guy a break. He's in IDAHO! He must be FREEZING!:o:o:lol:

There are worse threads we could be posting on.:lol:

Cypress - 12-19-2006 at 04:59 PM

baitcast!:yes:Got an early case of it this year.:bounce:

Guilty!! Deport me to Baja !

djh - 12-19-2006 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Hey, give the guy a break. He's in IDAHO! He must be FREEZING!:o:o:lol:

There are worse threads we could be posting on.:lol:

Ahhh... its okay.... I plead guilty !

With 7 whole hours of (partial) sunlight, I have about 2 hours free every day... that is after the shovelling, battery-jumping, ice scraping, lock de-icing, pipe thawing, frozen-broken tree limb removal, battery charging, chaining up, etc., etc.. . . . :O

If it weren't for having to (cover your ears, amigos) ~ WORK ~ (ok, uncover your ears now) another 8 hours a day, I'd have almost nothing to do... (well, except for lollygagin about on BajaNomad.com cracking jokes....)

Well, amigos.... As my neurologist tells me... Seizure Later.
djh
:)

Don Alley - 12-19-2006 at 05:47 PM

I feel sooo guilty...

I've been sitting here in a heavy sweatshirt, whining about how cold it is, here in Loreto.

Shame on me. For penance, I will now move to the DocThaddeus thread.

:biggrin:

aquaholic - 12-19-2006 at 05:57 PM

...Don Alley: I'm not sure the punishment fits the crime...

Better not...

djh - 12-19-2006 at 06:03 PM

Or as the teenoids say....

DUDE!, Don't GO there ! !

:rolleyes:

Oh man..... I think this is the first time I've used the "rolleyes" eye-con...! I feel like I've entered a new level here!!

Don, I think you owe me a beer for that "cold in Loreto" comment :)

PS... Does anyone have a lint remover...??
I seem to have some fuzz in my bellybutton from these heavy flannel shirts... Life in Idaho can be so difficult sometimes :yawn:

[Edited on 12-20-2006 by djh]

DanO - 12-19-2006 at 06:04 PM

Back to the original thread -- I think it's ok to refer to Iflyfish as Iflyfish if he refers to himself in the third person, like a number of professional athletes.

Third Person

djh - 12-19-2006 at 06:08 PM

If Iflyfish is the first AND the third person, who is the guy in the middle.... ?

This is a deep thought / discussion.

fdt - 12-19-2006 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by djh

How should we properly address our Nomad amigo "Iflyfish"

Should it not be "YouFlyFish" ? ?

To say "Hey, Iflyfish" isn't quite right...

So... I suggest we all address our amigo as "Youflyfish"...

Maybe in spanish it would be Tupescasconmosca or if you remember a previous thread
Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish

"I think fly fishing is a good outlet. especially if you are alone?"

Is it only me that read it that way?

Iflyfish

Then it would be tutepescaslamosca :lol::lol::lol:

Now what do we do about Amopescar? Should it be Tuamaspescar.
Late night dificulties

FARASHA - 12-20-2006 at 12:35 AM

YOUFLYFISH is my usual choice, amongst other variations - same way he does sometimes at the end of his posts. And I find that VERY funny and innovative - so I do that sometimes too since the THREAd about cultural differences.
SO- FLYFISHWHOISONHISWAYTOENSENADA - will be pleased to hear that we miss him and break our heads about what's the correct way to refer to him.

And YES - me too, stuck in cold, dark place, 8 to 10 hours work at the funnyfarm here - across the pond.
I got all kind of fever from lack of SUN.(better not telling you about my symptoms)
Good medicine is hanging on to the bajanomad.com, chatting with some of the lucky ones who moan about the COLD conditions in Loreto.:biggrin: and stuffing myself with loads of Doughnuts (apricotjamfilledaremyfavorit) to add some padding to my skinny feature.
And find this the better thread for my fever- :rolleyes:

-fdt's suggestions of mexican variations of names is a good way to kill some of my fever - lets work on it, to find mexican equivalents for our names!!???
Funny Holidays!? YEAH:::::bounce:

capt. mike - 12-20-2006 at 05:53 AM

oops....sorry djh. i thot i read one of your other posts once and it was clearly from a female, or i cornfused you with someone else.

so...............come to baja..............and if you find me i'll buy you an adult beverage!:bounce:

Just getting funnier!

djh - 12-20-2006 at 08:38 AM

No problem....

However.....

CORNfused?

Amigo Mike,,, is that something akin to an unshaven, slightly overweight, somewhat jowly, 40something Nebraska bachelor farmer, in dirty Macs and flannels, who's lived alone for 20 years, and hasn't even seen a woman since last October ~ when the winter blizzards started?

Do I hear banjo music?

I wish Ididn't have to go to work today.... I'd much rather dish it up on Bajanomad today...

LTO in T minus 8 days and counting ! !

djh

capt. mike - 12-20-2006 at 11:55 AM

i took my plane to ar kin saw 2 yrs ago for paint and interior. the shop was great, if any EPA dogs show up there they get tarred and feathered.
with all the employees together there wasn't a full set of tooths about. why is it called a tooth brush? it was invented in the ozarks i guess.
great crappie fishing there tho..............:lol:

jerry - 12-20-2006 at 12:05 PM

djh your lucky i got 20 days to go to LTO im chomping on the bit

jerry - 12-20-2006 at 12:06 PM

anyone know about a new gringo watering hole in loreto?? i heard mccaws in no more??

FARASHA - 12-20-2006 at 12:18 PM

STROKERS REEF BAR - Been told that this is now famous place for gringos in LTO. WHY I know? It's across Kellys place.

Several !

djh - 12-20-2006 at 12:27 PM

Hi Jerry,

20 days will go quick... especially with the holildays!

Several new places...

Islas Restraunt on the malecon ~ (where the nice ficus lined walkway from the square ends) - nice folks, Restraunt w/ good food, and a small bar... They've been open almost a year now, I think. Owners, Tom and Michelle, are friends, and live upstairs from the biz when in town.

Another one next to the dive shop... Luna something... I have not stopped there yet. Alexander had showed me that lot, and I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but it was already under purchase contract.. I've heard nice things...

There is a new baitshop and bar... also on the Malecon, right next to where McCaws sits. Nice little upstairs view over the malecon and S.O.C. I've been by but not in.... but I've heard nice things about the owner / staff there also.

Mediterranero (sp?) is a big fancy schmantzy restraunt with quite high prices (IMHO).. Not a "watering hole".... more of a place to "get hosed" maybe...? :?: ? In reality we TRIED to go to dinner there once, but we waited about 15 minutes for anyone to even aknowledge us, and were then told it would be a 15 minute wait.... and there were only 3 tables in use.? ? ? Yeah right.... Haven't been back.

And then there is our friend Juan Carlos at Mita's... not new, but still one of our all time, anywhere, favorites. Juan Carlos is just such a nice fellow and has become good neighbor and friend ~ and he knows food !

I bet there are even more new openings since our last trip in August... Loreto appears to be booming...

Have a good trip!

Sorry we'll miss you this trip.... Next time, maybe.
David ~ djh

jerry - 12-20-2006 at 12:49 PM

Djh and Farasha thanks for the update i havent been in loreto since last feb cant wait to get back sounds like the towns buzzzzing im not sure where Kellys place is but im sure it wont be hard to find the gringo happy hour thanks again see ya next time Djh

Cypress - 12-20-2006 at 01:11 PM

Never judge anybody by the number of teeth in their head, their ideas and attitudes might be something to admire..:tumble: Have some snaggle tooth buddies down in the deep south that work in hum-drum jobs(painting etc.), but are world-class people.:tumble::biggrin::)

FARASHA - 12-20-2006 at 01:30 PM

OH - jerry,sorry, I meant kellychapman from this board,( she hasn't been online for a week), the bar is close to the malecon, in the neighborhood behind the "giggling dolphin" restaurant. Which is BTW EXCELLENT good food, good drinks!!Not THAT pricey, nice place!!!

Paula - 12-20-2006 at 02:03 PM

Jerry, you will probably want to check out Stroker's Reef. It's on the litte street one south of Juarez, half way between the malecon and the plaza. People go to Augie's too, next to the old McCaws, which no longe exists.

Cantflyfishdontflyfishwontflyfishwhyflyfish?

Sharksbaja - 12-20-2006 at 02:05 PM

Whenyoucantrollfish!:lol:

Itrollfish;D

Paula - 12-20-2006 at 02:08 PM

Guess the cold here has slowed ME down:lol::lol::lol:

5 posts happened while I typed 3 little sentences:O:O:O

DUH!!!

DanO - 12-20-2006 at 02:10 PM

FranklyI'dratherjusteatfish.

Idoflyfish....

Sharksbaja - 12-20-2006 at 04:01 PM

actually.I've a couple of Fenwiccks and three split-bamboo rods. Learned my skills from my dad up on the Kern Plateau. I miss that.

Have yet to flyfishbaja!:yes:

jerry - 12-20-2006 at 09:34 PM

thanks everyone i was at augies for his opening last year ill be down for 6 weeks + so ill have to be checking out all of them

Tomas Tierra - 12-21-2006 at 09:21 PM

Ijigfish alot...or Ifishthejig:P

fandango - 1-1-2007 at 06:25 PM

iflyfishisbackfromhisbajaexpedition