BajaNomad

Confiscated boats in Juncalito

capn.sharky - 12-24-2006 at 06:10 PM

Couldn't find the original thread on this one....but just to bring you all up to date, the American guys paid their fines and their boats and equipment was returned to them by Profepa. They had lobsters and scallops on board when they were stopped. Do the crime and do the time.:yes:

Diver - 12-24-2006 at 06:13 PM

Thanks for the update.
It all makes sense now.
Not a bad fine for the crime.

QuePasaBaja - 12-26-2006 at 12:04 PM

Its not that hard for these people to walk into the profepa office and ask what they can and can not do with the fishing.

Looks like next time they might think ahead.

Summanus - 12-26-2006 at 12:42 PM

Oh, I wouldn't be TOO hard on these folks. I do not condone ANY illegal gaming or fishing practices, but can certainly understand how such a thing 'might' happen. Although today is a far cry from 3 decades ago, we ALL did some illegal things years ago before we knew better. Who hasn't dug some butter clams?...or dove for a lobster or scallops?...munched some hard-won chocolates on a beach?..caught an illegal cabrilla years ago?...used an illegal spear gun?..thrown an illegal baitcast net?...caught more than 5 legal fish in a day?..went fishing without a fishing license?...drove ridiculously fast on that old lonesone highway (forget 80kph!)?...dug up a 6" cactus for your window planter back home?..well, you fill in the rest. You can remember those times, right?

Nowadays, we always obey every law we become aware of..except the law of gravity. We always float on a cloud when in Baja.

[Edited on 12-26-2006 by Summanus]

comitan - 12-26-2006 at 12:48 PM

I am very happy to have experienced the old days, Now do I burn my old photos because they would incriminate me?

Summanus - 12-26-2006 at 12:49 PM

comitan....I just block out my face. Nobody will ever know, right?:saint:

Cypress - 12-26-2006 at 12:51 PM

I'm sure they knew the regs. and just thought they wouldn't get caught if they decided to break 'em. ;) The fish cops were earning their paychecks.:yes: