BajaNomad

Kayak rental in Loreto ?

CoastalFlifisher - 1-7-2007 at 06:26 PM

I have a couple air tickets I need to use by the end of May 07' and am thinking of taking the wife to Loreto. I flyfish off my kayak year round but wanted to do some off the beaches in Loreto. I normally would do a panga for a day or so but this is a low budget trip and really like to do my own thing. Looking for ideas or info. if possible...

Thanks,

CF

Summanus - 1-7-2007 at 06:39 PM

Try paddlingsouth.com in Loreto. Trudi and Doug..good people. I have known Trudi for about 30 years. If she can't do it, she can tell you who can..how, and where. Also flyfishingpam would be a good source of info on fishing in that area. Good casting.

CoastalFlifisher - 1-8-2007 at 07:33 AM

I tried to access the website you mentioned. It the address spelling correct?

Thanks, CF

paddling south

Bob and jane - 1-8-2007 at 07:42 AM

Try tourbaja.com to access Doug and Trudi's business. You won't go wrong. They are VERY knowledgeable.

Summanus - 1-8-2007 at 08:14 AM

Thanks, Bob & Jane...they must have changed it. They know Baja-kayaking for sure.

LTO kayak rentals

djh - 1-8-2007 at 08:29 AM

If you're still looking:

Barrett, (or managers Bill and Kathy), at Coco Cabanas have two sit-on-top kayaks that they rent out.

They'd be fine for near shore fishing.

Often times, outfitters / tour companies don't want to do daily rentals because their kayaks are used by their tour customers for several days to several weeks at a time... I know Coco Cabanas rents their kayaks out by the day.

Nice folks. Tell them Idaho David sent you if you call.

(from US: 011 52 613 135 1729 )

Have a great trip!
djh

CoastalFlifisher - 1-11-2007 at 09:20 PM

Thanks for the great info. You're right about the tour companies and outfitters as far as their clients are concerned...I don't blame them. The sit on tops are the way to go and my old Yak had many a fish put the " bendo " on my rods!

Bent Rod off Punta Willard.jpg - 36kB

Don Alley - 1-12-2007 at 08:03 AM

Arturo's Sportfishing has some sit on tops that they rent by the hour or day at the hotel at Nopolo; you could call them about rentals. Las Parras Tours, which used to rent daily, has closed.

rhintransit - 1-12-2007 at 09:05 AM

a thought...how about El Santuario? they have kayaks you can use, included in the room rates. may or may not be what you are looking for, see their website: www.el-santuario.com/