BajaNomad

surfing k38 and k58

fandango - 1-9-2007 at 11:29 PM

at either k38 or k58:

would you feel safe arriving late at night and sleeping in the truck until the sun comes up?

BajaWarrior - 1-9-2007 at 11:35 PM

20 years ago when we surfed these spots it wasn't a problem. Now? Wouldn't do it. Especially the arroyo at 38's. As far as 58, the new housing development may deter people creeping around, maybe. Unfortunately those spots just aren't the same as they once were.

I'd get up early in the a.m. and drive south for early surf instead of a late night drive and pickup accomidations wondering if its safe where I am.

Good luck with your trip.

surfer jim - 1-10-2007 at 08:28 AM

Haven't been there in years because I can't find a parking spot.....I think K58 has camping that looks safe.....maybe you can check them out in the daytime and ask around to see what others have to say....

leadmoto - 1-10-2007 at 03:02 PM

I posted it here before, but over the summer my neighbors were at K-58 and woke up with a gun to there head. They robbed the truck, boards and wetsuits. They made the mistake of parking way on the South end down the road a little. I think if they had parked up in the main area they would still have there goods. Stay near other camper and it's always more safe.