BajaNomad

Don Vincente GN

Marie-Rose - 1-15-2007 at 12:25 PM

Read the neg. comment on the Baja Cactus thread... anyone else been there and care to review? Was considering booking there instead of Malarimo:?:
Lee... anything more specific you can add?

Lee - 1-15-2007 at 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie-Rose
Read the neg. comment on the Baja Cactus thread... anyone else been there and care to review? Was considering booking there instead of Malarimo:?:
Lee... anything more specific you can add?

I can be specific. First, let me say I'll be staying at the Caracoles next time. Couldn't find it this trip.

Don Vicente was also a let down from Baja Cactus which had a first-rate room by comparison. Now, I know it's not PC to compare -- so I work hard not to do that.

I've also prefaced my comments on DV by saying maybe it was Room 3 that was the problem. This room had holes everywhere... ceilings, walls and bathroom. Shower head sprayed in 360 degrees of direction hitting everywhere but me. The room smelled moldy and damp. Think my comments are subjective. I'm sure there are lots worse places to stay in GN.

Upside was the bed was comfortable. And there was a TV with a couple English channels. Don't think I can expect alot for $22/night.

I expected more but that might be my expectations -- which I try hard not to have any part of.

Like I said, maybe it was my room. Anybody else who had a nice room will counter my claim. I like nice, don't mind paying for nice, and Caracoles looks like what I should have gotten. Next time!

On the other hand, lots of Nomads seem to think DV is great. Guess opinions are subjective, too. Nice enough people though. Unless there's an improved or newly remodeled room here, it's not for me.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

shari - 1-15-2007 at 01:22 PM

Don vicente does have some very nice rooms with great beds etc. I think you got a lemon room. It's the best hotel for cheap but Los Caracoles is supserb, extremely clean and new and very nice people, unlike the poor service at Don vicente's. they fired the nice night manager they used to have who was very capable and a good man. Don Vicente is also more dog friendly but Los Caracoles are making some doggie rooms too. both have very secure parking.

wornout - 1-15-2007 at 02:17 PM

We had a great time when we went there in 2003 via the back roads from San Felipe in the dune buggies. Rooms 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14 were great.

[Edited on 1-15-2007 by wornout]

Picture0365X.jpg - 28kB