BajaNomad

b2000 landmarks

fandango - 1-16-2007 at 09:30 AM

i am going to try the new road southbound in a few days. i plan on crossing at otay and making my way to the b2000. are there signs or landmarks that i should watch for to connect with this road? was it confusing to anyone the first time? i have read and reread and printed the previous b2000 thread and it still looks unclear to me. i will be travelling alone so would like to know what to watch for.
thanks,
l

David K - 1-16-2007 at 09:38 AM

Southbound is EASY:

Cross at Otay... go ahead (south) to the signs directing you to the Tecate/ Mexicali Toll (Cuota) Hwy. (Mex. #2-D)... which will head off to your left (east)... In a couple of miles heading east you will come to a traffic circle of sorts with a GIANT bighorn sheep statue. The Blvd. 2000 hwy. turns right (south) and the Tecate toll hwy. turns left (north)... the first toll gate can be seen off to the left.

fandango - 1-16-2007 at 10:39 AM

THANK YOU!!!

David K - 1-16-2007 at 06:35 PM

You're welcome!

Here is that junction of Blvd. 2000 and the toll highway from space: Blvd. 2000 north end from space

You can zoom out and scroll... actually follow the highway from above!

Phil C - 1-16-2007 at 07:45 PM

Wow! David, I thought I knew my way around there, now I can realy get lost....Trying to find these new shortcuts I can see! Thanks P.