BajaNomad

La Concha - La Paz

msrla - 1-24-2007 at 03:34 PM

Hey,

Does anyone know what is going on at La Concha, who the new owners are, etc? We own at the vacation club over there, and they have just decided to come up with a whole new set of rules and "upgrades" that is not sitting well with us... :wow:

would be interested to hear any insight and especially would like to hear from other owners as well!

Many Thanks!

capt. mike - 1-24-2007 at 04:31 PM

i love that place!

but i would NEVER buy into any thing like that. the rules in mexico are that there aren't any!!!!!!!:?::o:spingrin:

msrla - 1-24-2007 at 04:39 PM

yea, we know............:mad:

up until now, it's all been good.....no complaints..... just wondering what the inside scoop is and under these circumstances, I think it would be a really good thing for any owners to get to know each other..... :D And be able to exchange amongst ourselves if they are now looking to add these xtra charges for bogus "upgrades"...

JESSE - 1-24-2007 at 04:48 PM

Somebody correct me if i am wrong, but the new owners are from Iran or Lebanon and they are doing some remodeling.

Maybe this is the answer

fdt - 1-26-2007 at 07:41 AM

This article from today's newspaper sais that the firm Hefner & Shore are starting the La Concha Pearl proyect with an investment of 10 million dollars for state of the art condominiums. Could this be the answer to yoyur question?

http://www.oem.com.mx/elsudcaliforniano/notas/n148092.htm

msrla - 1-26-2007 at 02:26 PM

Hey, thanks for posting this. I'm unclear due to my spanish whether or not this is in partnership with La Concha Resort or a separate entity..... and I'm thinking these are for sale, not part of any rentals for the resot?????:?:

fdt - 1-26-2007 at 03:09 PM

I am sure your spanish is OK, it's just that the article doesn't specify if it's partnership or separate, I did a search for Hefner and Shore and got playboy and I guess I got sidetracked :rolleyes:
I will try again when the kids arent here :saint: