BajaNomad

New Year's was great in Bola

GeoRock - 1-8-2004 at 05:52 PM

Sure had a great time with everyone in BOLA. Got home Sunday night about 2:30 a.m. (actually Monday morning) and found the driveway buried in 4 feet of snow--no kidding. Plowed in with the yellow beast and shoveled the next day. Jeep, mazda and Avalanch covered big time. Had to shovel enough to get up the stairs and in the door.

Wish we could have stayed longer in Baja, was hard to leave. Pete's got the Baja bug, whatever shall we do?

Mike H.--did you get an answer from Poncho for us?

Mike Humfreville - 1-8-2004 at 06:28 PM

I just sent you a U2U. If you don't get it let me know.

Suzanne

David K - 1-9-2004 at 01:33 AM

Pete has Baja Fever! I could see it in his eyes after he returned from searching on foot for the Lost Mission, last week... Did he read my post on the hunt? It's on the Baja Off Roading Board, here at Nomad. I didn't say a thing about what Pete found in case he wanted to post it in his own words or keep it a secret. But, I thought it was WAY COOL!

Have him look at my April '03 trip page which was when we drove to Mision Santa Maria (toughest 14.5 miles in Baja), looked for the Lost Mission, and visited BEAUTIFUL pools and the onyx dome at El Volcan, Baja's COLD water geyser! Hey, as a geologist you may find El Volcan really interesting, too! http://davidksbaja.com/403

I enjoyed bouncing down Baja with you guys to Montevideo and San Borja, too! My photos should be ready tomorrow! Get yours on line, too... Or, email them and I will incorporate with mine or make a seperate page for them. Adios!

Curiosity killed the cat....

Natalie Ann - 1-9-2004 at 12:15 PM

... but what the H, what did Pete find?

Don't worry Natalie

Ski Baja - 1-9-2004 at 12:22 PM

Pretty soon you will know what it was and have the GPS coordinates for it as well. Sorry David, I just had to. :lol:

GeoRock - 1-9-2004 at 12:31 PM

You know, I don't think I even know what Pete found. That's some secret! You can post it David, Pete doesn't ever post.

Shouldn't you ask Pete instead of Georock ?

Ski Baja - 1-9-2004 at 12:33 PM

marla - 1-12-2004 at 06:37 PM

Hey Suzanne. I enjoyed hanging out with you guys in Bahia! And I wish I'd gotten a ride in that yellow bus of yours. Hope to see you again soon.

David K - 1-12-2004 at 08:03 PM

No, I am not going to say... But, if you read my Lost Mission Hunt story in the Baja Off Roading forum here at Baja Nomad, you will get a clue.

No, SkiBaja, it was a (minor) archeological find and I will not publish exact directions or GPS. I only have to already known, published sites. Suzanne, Pete is one mellow guy... I was really excited to see them. But, as he is a desert rat, nothing new to him, I guess?