BajaNomad

Green Angels solicit donations

Mike - 1-13-2004 at 04:47 PM

The Green Angels need your help.

The federal government slashed the national tourism budget and in turn, the Green Angels budget.

The State Tourism authorities have asked that if anyone is willing to donate from a list of their needs, to email the address listed at the end of this message.

We will forward a list to you and greatly appreciate what you can do.

A formal ceremony taking the donated items to customs in Tijuana will be publicly promoted.

Thanking you in advance.

Mike Overcast
safari2002@cox.net

Dave - 1-13-2004 at 05:00 PM

Absurd! Let me get this straight. The Mexican government slashes the budget of the most profitable sector of its economy and then solicits charity from those whom it is trying to attract and service? This is a joke, right?

Dave - 1-13-2004 at 05:16 PM

This smells like self promotion. The Mexican government asks me to email an addy in the States to get a list of their "needs"? A formal ceremony at customs in TJ to be "publicly" promoted?

I don't think so.

Sorry,

Mike - 1-13-2004 at 05:20 PM

its true.

email me.

Happy to pass you on to the authorities if you would like.

Mike

Dave - 1-13-2004 at 05:37 PM

Why don't you simply post the communique' from Mexico? I'm sure we would all like to read it.

Green Angels

Mike - 1-13-2004 at 06:17 PM

it was not presented in a postable form

still having a problem?

contact the State tourism authority in Tijuana.

Mike

When presenting something

Ski Baja - 1-13-2004 at 06:30 PM

as if you are somehow involved, you must expect to have to back up what you are saying. You have not.

Dave - 1-13-2004 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
it was not presented in a postable form

still having a problem?

contact the State tourism authority in Tijuana.

Mike

You mean they CALLED you?:lol:

Baja Bernie - 1-13-2004 at 06:59 PM

On reading this I have come to the conclusion that I am losing what the little of my mind that I had left!
Will someone please explain this to me before I blow a fuse.
To my knowledge Governments always produce press releases to promote what they wish to achieve (read steal--all of them).

Shade Trees and Green Angels

capn.sharky - 1-13-2004 at 07:05 PM

I have been driving Baja for over thirty years now and have never been helped by a green angel or seen them helping anyone else. The only time I see them they are sleeping under a shady tree. I 'spect I'll take some heat for this one, but its the truth.:moon:

Bajaboy - 1-13-2004 at 08:02 PM

Does this mean a reduction in the cost of a tourist permit?

bufeo - 1-13-2004 at 09:21 PM

Okay, Mike, I'll need more info before I'll bite, but...
from capn.sharky
Quote:

The only time I see them they are sleeping under a shady tree.

I not only have seen them giving assistance, I have been on the receiving end of that assistance. Give me more information and I'll be happy to follow-up, but what has been presented so far falls far short of useful information. Budget cuts, maybe...but needing donations???
Think I'll wait and see...but with an open mind.

A brief primer

Mike - 1-14-2004 at 12:32 AM

Radio equipment, lights and portable diagnostic equipment.

Those are the big three. The State gov. even has been footing the bill for gasoline! The Chief of Visitors Assistance informed me that ongoing exploration of the Green Angels needs has uncovered much more, but, the top three are the most important.

Please, either go direct and help or contact me to get more info on the donations. Thanks for asking.

Mike
safari2002@cox.net

Tow bars also needed

Mike - 1-28-2004 at 03:42 AM

Please also note the Green Angels are in need of tow bars.

Mike