BajaNomad

Downtime / Loss of Data 1/27/04

BajaNomad - 1-27-2004 at 01:20 AM

Sorry folks. Without going into details, I've had to restore the site from a 1/14/04 backup.

The site is backed up on a daily basis, but there have been some issues I've had to contend with.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

BajaNomad - 1-27-2004 at 01:22 AM

...which means, if you've registered for the site since 1/14, you'll have to re-register.

For those who have had issues logging in that have been dealt with, please contact me again if the issue has re-arisen.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your understanding.

--
Doug

BajaNomad - 1-27-2004 at 06:18 AM

...and yes, "loss of data" means that anything posted between 1/14 and 1/26 is gone for good.

My sincerest apologies to visitors and contributors here for the loss of information.

Regards,
--
Doug

No need to appologize...

Herb - 1-27-2004 at 09:20 AM

You provide a great service that we pay nothing for, so my hats off to you and all your efforts. And it wasn't even down for very long!

Thanks again!

Mexray - 1-27-2004 at 10:58 AM

Glad to know it wasn't just me....thanks for the info and all the efforts, Doug.You know we love ya', yur' hard work, at least!

Skeet/Loreto - 1-27-2004 at 03:34 PM

Doug: I hope you did not get one of those "Cool Web" sites!
thanks for your good Work.Skeet/Loreto

Support Baja Nomad

David K - 1-27-2004 at 10:33 PM

Doug, a million thanks for spending the precious time you do here, for the Baja nomads and amigos. I know you are very generous with your time, but you have jobs, Internet contracts, a growing (beautiful) family, and bills to pay!

Clicking on the little Google ads every day earns you a few centavos and sales of the beautiful 2004 Baja Calendars help, as well. But, for the amount of pure entertainment and useful information Baja Nomad provides, it should be worth more... right folks?

I know you are working on Nomad-wear ideas (shirts, hats, decals). But, before they are ready (and they take an investment to start up), I want to make a donation to help maintain the site and keep you motivated so it doesn't disappear on us like our former Internet 'home' did. Is there a P.O. box address you can post here? Thanks again amigo!!!! Three cheers for Doug!!!

Doug.... I found some of the lost data...

Bob H - 2-4-2004 at 01:39 PM

I was able to locate Grover's original "Who are you?" post and the replies that were lost. I did a google search on my name "Bob Hilderbrand" and you can see the orignal lost postings here.
Unreal.
Bob H
Here is the entire link
http://myway.mywebsearch.com/jsp/GGcres.jsp?id=VIVn38MW6AgJ&...