BajaNomad

Doc's cabin's in BOLA

tunaeater - 1-27-2004 at 11:30 AM

How are Doc's upgraded cabins ? How are the toilets, showers accomodations,etc. We are looking for 2 cabins for a group of 10-14 at the end of March ? He recommends bringing air mattresses and our own bedding. Which is fine. We just want to get a heads up so we know what to expect. Also are the houses close to each other ? Thanks paul

Packoderm - 1-27-2004 at 07:36 PM

The upgraded cabins with their hot showers, toilets, and accomodations should be just fine for all but the sissiest of city slickers. Two cabins, however, might be a bit cramped especially for 14. I would rent cabin #6, (the orange, two story cabin you see on Doc's site) the nearest of the back-row upgraded cabins, and the basic cabin nearest #6. (right next to the unfinished cabin) With this arrangement, you will have two comfortable cabins with hot showers, fridges, toilets, stoves, etc. The #6 cabin is ideal for all of you to hang out. By also having the basic cabin, you will have pretty much private access to a big stretch of beach. (rocky at the low-tide line however) I have some photos of the interior of cabin #6

[Edited on 11/21/2003 by Packoderm]

4baja - 1-27-2004 at 08:18 PM

packoderm is showing the best cabin that he has and is rarly rentable, i would recomend the three next to each other(the three white ones next to each other on the west side) that offer good rooms with kitchens and bathrooms. . may see you down there around that time. that time of the year can have elephonte winds from the west and can blow very hard. have fun.:coolup:

Packoderm - 1-27-2004 at 09:28 PM

4baja, don't you think there would be a pretty good chance to rent cabin #6 in late March if they reserve now? The three white ones are nice and would be convenient for the large group, but it seems too far from the water. Wouldn't a better second choice be the two upgrades by Beach Bob and the closest basic cabin? In that case, you'd be by the sandy beach, have two nice cabins, and save money on the third.

Or, rent two of the three on the west side and one basic cabin in front of them. That just might be the best bet. It's fun to drink coffee in the morning while sitting in front of a waterfront cabin. The more I write about this - the more I want to go; but of course, I can't.

[Edited on 11/21/2003 by Packoderm]

tunaeater - 1-27-2004 at 11:04 PM

Packoderm & 4 baja thank you very much for the suggestions they are exactly the help I need. I will rent cabin #6 along with others if available. I emailed Doc today so I'm waiting to see what is available during the time I need. If you want to take the pics off the board you can email them to me. I'd appreciate it. If you have anymore pics of the other cabins I'd like to see those also. Do you have any pics from a distance so I can see the lay out of the houses as a whole. Thank you guys very,very much. Paul

email tunaeater@hotmail.com

[Edited on 09-03-2003 by tunaeater]

4baja - 1-28-2004 at 08:17 AM

my favorite cabin there is cabin 2, its right in front of were i moor my boat and i like the style of the cabin. cabin six is rented for half the year now by andy and his girlfriend and may not be available. since i lease from doc now and i personally don't get the cabins for myself i useally try to get either cabin 1, 2, or the three in the back for my buddys when they come down. goodluck :coolup:

4baja - 1-28-2004 at 08:36 AM

i sent you some pictures but i belive that your over on your e-mail storage.:coolup:

tunaeater

Debra - 2-3-2004 at 07:34 AM

check www.campgecko.com