BajaNomad

Mark Post at/near finish line!

Mike Supino - 3-13-2007 at 09:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mexGtayoDM

"placas" must mean something other than plates?

David K - 3-13-2007 at 06:26 PM

Incredible!

I wonder if Mark says screw Baja is just races Best in the Desert from now on!??

I wonder if all those automatic and hand guns were loaded?

cpg - 3-13-2007 at 09:49 PM

That sucks!

Post quitting baja??!!

capt. mike - 3-14-2007 at 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Incredible!

I wonder if Mark says screw Baja is just races Best in the Desert from now on!??

I wonder if all those automatic and hand guns were loaded?

"I wonder if Mark says screw Baja is just races Best in the Desert from now on!??"

well i doubt it seriously since he's finishing in july an estimated $80M resort condo project in cabo, his 2nd there.

check out pacific monarch vacations.

Minnow - 3-14-2007 at 03:10 PM

I pondered the same question Captn. Mike as I saw the grua haul away the Rivera truck, . Man, the Federales in that video are going to be doing desk duty in Oaxaca from now till.....................................

On a side note. Where have I seen that vegetation in the foreground of the video before. Hmmmmmm. Maybe the feds were barking up the wrong tree, or is it a bush?:rolleyes:

bancoduo - 3-14-2007 at 06:26 PM

I'll bet that stunt came from DF for whatever reason.

bancoduo - 3-14-2007 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
I pondered the same question Captn. Mike as I saw the grua haul away the Rivera truck, . Man, the Federales in that video are going to be doing desk duty in Oaxaca from now till.....................................

On a side note. Where have I seen that vegetation in the foreground of the video before. Hmmmmmm. Maybe the feds were barking up the wrong tree, or is it a bush?:rolleyes:
It's the Santo Tomas medicinal MOTA garden.:biggrin:

Packoderm - 3-14-2007 at 07:25 PM

I watched the video, but I really don't understand why they would stop a racer like that. Could they have been unhappy because he was breaking the speed limit, or did they bet on another racer to win? But really, why would they do such a thing?

David K - 3-21-2023 at 12:19 PM

A fun look back at the end of the 2007 Baja 250 (the one year that race had to move and get renamed from being the San Felipe 250), when the police in Santo Tomás didn't like Mark Post winning the race! See the video in the top post by Mike Supino.
Quote: Originally posted by Mike Supino  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mexGtayoDM

[Edited on 3-21-2023 by David K]