BajaNomad

Looking for Long Term Rental CSL to TS

CaboRon - 3-25-2007 at 09:36 AM

Wow, I'm finally making the move to Los Cabos !! Arriving early October '07........I am taking early retirement with a modest pension from Disney Entertainment Productions and early SS. Looking for a Long Term Rental...CSL would be nice although I think I am falling in love with Todos Santos..... Will be on a tight budget and need to keep living expenses under six hundred a month if possible. Secure parking is a must.... I know I am asking for a lot, but I would be a great neighbor .. Leaving SoCal on October 1st .... my Menaje de Casa packed in and on my trusty Ford Bronco....this is the adventure of a lifetime for me. Appreciate any info or help... Thanks, Ron

Bajafun777 - 3-25-2007 at 09:53 AM

CaboRon, are you talking $600 a month after paying rent or just wanting to rent a room from someone?? If not I don't think you will be able to find something especially be an American for the price you want. If you can find a place to be a caretaker of you might pull it off but it would be very very tight. Try looking at a website called "Caretakers.com" maybe something in there. If you had your own trailer to live in or rent a room from someone it would be possible but still very hard to just live on $600 a month. Maybe other Nomads know of something I do not and then again it all depends on how little you are willing to live without!!!

CaboRon - 3-25-2007 at 10:14 AM

I appreciate the info. and yes I only have six hundred for rent. I know I won't get the villa with the infinity pool.. but perhaps something more modest with a modest lifestyle. Hope I'm not just dreaming.....

Rentals

bajaguy - 3-25-2007 at 10:36 AM

CaboRon:

Check your u2u

Options

Nicole - 4-3-2007 at 04:15 PM

Check your U2U.

longlegsinlapaz - 4-3-2007 at 10:54 PM

If you're talking $600 USD per month for rent & you have enough left over to eat & pay utilities...it's DOABLE!! You can find small places in the La Paz area (Chametla or Centenario) for $250-$350 a month...definitely nothing fancy, but it is possible if you look hard. I built so didn't pay rent originally, but lived the first 2 years with my now 89-year-old mother on $800 a month. She went home after 2 years and I lived on about $1,000 a month for the next 5 years. Set your priorities & you can make it happen! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: Something tells me that CSL would be more expensive than La Paz or Todos Santos! Not to mention different ambiance!!

CaboRon - 5-14-2007 at 11:41 AM

First of all I would like to thank those of you who left words of encouragement. I have leased a brand new townhouse in Todos Santos for six hundred plus utilities. :bounce: I am overjoyed and can't wait until October. "When you wish upon a star" Ron

Marie-Rose - 5-14-2007 at 11:52 AM

Congrats Cabo Ron!! We may cross paths when you are here in Oct.!!
:bounce:

Cypress - 5-14-2007 at 11:59 AM

Good luck to you CaboRon.:D You're embarking on an adventure.:D