BajaNomad

New flyer for the Pyramid Resort's 5th Baja Booksigning and Wine tasting event, May 5!

David K - 4-22-2007 at 11:33 PM

Keri asked me to post this new flyer so all you Nomads and lurkers could see the many authors that will be attending next month's big event!

If you have not attended any of the previous Book signing events, I will list the links to some photos taken at the previous four... below...

We hope to see you there for a fun day with your fellow Baja enthusiasts and favorite authors and wine from Baja!

Book5 flyer-r.JPG - 44kB

David K - 4-22-2007 at 11:41 PM

Photos from the previous Book Signing Events at the Pyramid Resort in Plaza del Mar, La Mision, Baja California (Free Ensenada road south of Rosarito and Cantamar)

Book Signing #4: http://vivabaja.com/book4/ 2006

Book Signing #3: http://vivabaja.com/book3/ 2005

Book Signing #2: http://www.vivabaja.com/504/ 2004

Book Signing #1: http://www.vivabaja.com/503/ 2003

BajaWarrior - 4-23-2007 at 06:53 AM

I didn't see any information regarding a restaraunt at the Pyramid on their website....Anyone?

If not, do people usually go to La Fonda for Saturday night?

We'll be there for the book signing...

David K - 4-23-2007 at 09:37 AM

The second year's pyramid cake:

At the third year's book signing, 'elgatoloco' in line at the food buffet, at the Pyramid Resort:

Dessert table:

Last Year's pyramid cake:

David K

Baja Bernie - 4-24-2007 at 09:21 AM

Why don't you post the picture of you, Don Jimmy Smith and Harry Crosby?

David K - 4-24-2007 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Why don't you post the picture of you, Don Jimmy Smith and Harry Crosby?

This one?

Well, because the link to it is above (Booksigning #1)...

Here is jrbaja (on the right in dark glasses) talking with you (wearing hat on left) and author Larry Stanton (in center)...

There are more... including Skeet and Jimmy Smith...

Okay, that's enough teasing... the links of all 4 book signing event photos are above!

Thanks

Baja Bernie - 4-24-2007 at 12:10 PM

bajajudy - 4-24-2007 at 12:32 PM

Keri
Looks like a great line up. Hope that you all have a wonderful day.
Wish we could make it but we will be there in spirit.
Cheers

woody with a view - 4-24-2007 at 05:46 PM

we're gonna be in baja that weekend but won't be that far north until noon sunday..............:no:

marla - 4-25-2007 at 03:59 PM

Well bummer I got called in to work an on-call shift May 5 so I can't come! I was looking forward to it, too. Quaff a few cold ones for me please!

David K - 4-25-2007 at 07:04 PM

Marla, if you are interested and can request the weekend off, then join us in El Rosario July 20-22 for the third BAJA-ROSARIO CULTURAL FESTIVAL. Our room at Baja Cactus is reserved! Don't delay if you wan't to be there.

Will miss you and the kids May 5 at the Pyramid Resort...

Hi Everyone,

Keri - 4-26-2007 at 02:16 PM

I slipped down to San Quintin for a couple of days. Glad David covered for me. I didn't know how to post the flyer and I wanted everyone to see all the new authors this year. For all the nomads coming to the book signing don't forget the potluck and the Tequila tasting afterwards. Bring your favorite dish and tequila to share and join in the fun. I still have 1 and 2 bedrooms available, get together with some friends and get a big room to share. Please make sure to introduce your selves to me at the booksigning. I'll be the one running around like a crazy lady. You'll recognize me I'm sure. Look forward to seeing you all May 5th at Pyramid Resort,k:tumble::yes::bounce:;D:saint:

Keri and the flyer

David K - 4-26-2007 at 08:38 PM

Book5 flyer-r.JPG - 44kB

BajaNomad - 4-26-2007 at 11:41 PM

Any reason for Harry Crosby to be there this year? Has anyone talked to him about it? Keri?

I'll be seeing Harry on Saturday and can mention this to him.

btw... I hear he's doing quite well these days.

Doug , Yes, please mention it to him

Keri - 4-27-2007 at 05:56 AM

I would love to have him attend again this year. I have sent him notices but the personal touch always helps. Hope to see you there,k:yes:

David K - 4-27-2007 at 08:00 AM

By all means Doug... Remind Harry to bring his books to sell! When he came to the first Booksigning, he assumed Sunbelt was going to be there with his books, so he didn't have any.

Now, if only El Camote would come and show us the video taped interview he did with all the authors that year!!!

David

Baja Bernie - 4-27-2007 at 10:32 AM

He gave me a video copy of my interview with him----but it would sure be worth collecting the others at that first signing with Harry, Jimmy Smith and others---Perhaps he will give them to you to be included in the Baja Cactus Library.

David, Camote promised me copies also.

Keri - 4-27-2007 at 11:03 AM

last I talked to him. He had not edited them and put them together. That was a long time ago maybe he has had time to get them together now. I'd love to show them at the booksigning, this year or next if need be,k:yes:

Burning ears?

El Camote - 4-27-2007 at 02:29 PM

Well, the straight poop on the video is it's been shelved for quite some time. But,, I've probably got 20-30 hrs. into the edit and whenever I've gone back and looked at the rough, there's some awesome footage there - having nothing to do with the videography - the authors that first year were fascinating!

As authors know, the difficult part of the edit is having to brutally chop away your material to get it down to a digestible product. It's the same with film/video. After having shot and spent so many hours viewing the footage, you get attached to it and it's like having to give up your own children to cut some of it. That, and needing to put it together in viewable form with proper pacing, blah, blah, blah.

Anyhoo, I hope to have it ready for the 5th anniversary in 2008. Fortunately, like fine wine and women, it ages well. ;D

Glad to hear Harry is doing well. Coincidentally, I had been wondering about him as well as the Patchens. Any news on them?

El Camote

Baja Bernie - 4-27-2007 at 02:38 PM

Kids and earning a living do get in the way of things............Know the feeling of chopping and cutting because I guess all of us nuts who try to create stuff start to regard it as 'our baby.'

This year will be the 5th--but 2008 will work great for the viewing. You can have the proceeds from the popcorn.

David K - 4-27-2007 at 02:50 PM

We heard that Aletha had some health issues but all was well now (I hope)... Baja Angel and I had a fun weekend with them at their remote desert home in 2005: http://vivabaja.com/patchen/

bajaguy - 4-28-2007 at 06:19 PM

Baja girl....here it is

Baja_Girl - 4-28-2007 at 08:14 PM

and here I am....thanks!

DENNIS - 4-29-2007 at 06:16 AM

Ah yes...... The invisible stuff.

David K - 4-29-2007 at 11:25 AM

Graham Mackintosh emailed me that Marv and Aletha are doing well...

BajaNomad - 4-30-2007 at 03:26 AM

I spoke with Harry, who - as always - was quite gracious.

He, very diplomatically, let me know that he's trying to focus on his Biography book and completing it right now after 28 years.

I hope to see him at the Pyramid when this work is finally completed and published.

--
Doug

Anyone Driving Down On Saturday??

Baja_Girl - 4-30-2007 at 06:08 PM

I can't get out of work on the 4th, but I can possibly meet up with someone in Orange County or the San Diego area on Saturday morning. I might have a place to stay Sat. night, but would happily either drive back or fall asleep in a tent...don't want to trouble anyone, but this sounds soooo fun...

David K - 5-2-2007 at 08:17 AM

3 days to go... How many Nomads are going?

Baja Angel and I will be at a table helping Keri with door prizes and beer tickets (can I be trusted?)!

I will bring some 'got baja?' stickers and look forward to meeting new amigos there...

Hasta pronto Nomads

BajaWarrior - 5-2-2007 at 08:19 AM

Mr. and Mrs. BajaWarrior will be attending.

fdt - 5-2-2007 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
3 days to go... How many Nomads are going?

Well, the way things are here at home, if Ryland is going :cool:, Sofia is going:dudette:

BajaRob - 5-2-2007 at 09:32 AM

We will be there. We are staying at Rosarito Bed & Breakfast Friday and Saturday. We won a nights stay there at last years book-signing. We won't forget the tequila this year.

David K - 5-2-2007 at 05:37 PM

Wonderful... Perhaps bring folding chairs, just in case... we can all hang around the 'Baja Nomad' table (where the beer tickets will be sold)!

DENNIS - 5-2-2007 at 05:39 PM

DK ----

Those would be Pacifico tickets....Sí ?

David K - 5-2-2007 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
DK ----

Those would be Pacifico tickets....Sí ?

If I had a say in it, it would be! However, you will need to ask Keri, as it is her event.

A couple years ago, TIJUANA BREWERY was there and providing generous free samples (big beer cups full) of their Guera and Morena beers!

TJ Beer Pyramid.jpg - 43kB

DENNIS - 5-2-2007 at 06:18 PM

I don't know if or where they sell this beer in Ensenada but, I really want to try it.

David K - 5-2-2007 at 06:21 PM

good stuff

TJ Tour 046r.JPG - 41kB

David K - 5-2-2007 at 06:24 PM

on site tavern

[Edited on 5-3-2007 by David K]

TJ Tour 071r.JPG - 44kB

David K - 5-2-2007 at 06:28 PM

varieties

TJ Tour 065r.JPG - 46kB

BAJACAT - 5-2-2007 at 08:25 PM

how do I get to this place? I need directions

David K - 5-2-2007 at 08:44 PM

Take the Scenic Highway (Toll Road) Mex. 1-D south of Rosarito and Cantamar.

Exit the LA MISION, ALISTOS, PLAZA DEL MAR exit (one or more of those names will be on the sign) and turn north (right) on the FREE ROAD (Mex. 1) and go back north about a mile to the white walled Plaza del Mar compound.

Note the Aztec pyramid, and the Pyramid Resort is behind it, on the cliff above the ocean.

BAJACAT - 5-2-2007 at 08:50 PM

thaks Dk I check the flyer and it gives you the K57 adress..

David K - 5-2-2007 at 08:54 PM

That is fine if you are on the old highway... not the same as the Km. markers on the toll road. The campground at Alistos is signed K-58, and La Fonda is just a short ways south.

[Edited on 5-3-2007 by David K]

David K - 5-2-2007 at 08:57 PM

You know, come to think of it, we could use the new BLVD. 2000 free highway from near the Otay crossing to get there without the TJ traffic hassles!

blvd-r.JPG - 50kB

elgatoloco - 5-4-2007 at 08:55 AM

:saint:

David K - 5-4-2007 at 01:45 PM

Yup, we will try Blvd. 2000 tomorrow morning and take milages and times to do a mini trip report/ road log to post here.

BajaWarrior - 5-4-2007 at 03:17 PM

Hitting the road in 30 minutes, cya on the other side!

David K - 5-4-2007 at 03:23 PM

See you tomorrow Chuck!

BajaRob - 5-4-2007 at 04:38 PM

We are here in Plaza Del Mar. Just talked with Keri and Bernie and loking forward to tomorrow.

David K - 5-5-2007 at 08:04 AM

TODAY'S THE DAY...

Be there or be square!

David K - 5-19-2017 at 05:22 PM

Wow, ten years ago... We had some good fun at these gatherings of Nomads and book authors!

Here are the photos from my camera at the event in 2007: http://vivabaja.com/book5/

[Edited on 5-20-2017 by David K]

fishbuck - 5-21-2017 at 01:04 PM

Not sure if I went to the last one but I love the Pyramid. The book signings were alot of fun.

woody with a view - 5-21-2017 at 02:53 PM

How is Keri?