BajaNomad

The Long, Long Trailer

Baja Bernie - 5-16-2007 at 03:16 PM

This movie was shot in 1954 and featured Lucy & Desi ( yes, those two zany characters) as Nicky and Tacy.
Anyone ever wonder what happened to this trailer of the stars.

Well, my good friend Indian Joe, those of you who read my books have met him more than one, bought the trailer and hauled it down to 'Angels Camp' just south of La Salina. Joe moved on last year but the trailer still sits among the lava rocks of Angels Camp.

P1010002_R2.JPG - 41kB

Mexitron - 5-16-2007 at 03:45 PM

Cool info there Bernie...what a classic movie!

DianaT - 5-16-2007 at 03:52 PM

That is great. Love that trailer, and that movie is one of my top 10 favorites.

Thanks
Diane

DENNIS - 5-16-2007 at 04:00 PM

I don't know, Bernie ......

Went to Google and pictures are showing a different trailer. It's a good story, anyway.

Dennis

Baja Bernie - 5-16-2007 at 04:48 PM

I knew I should not have told you to go fly your kite!:lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 5-16-2007 at 04:52 PM

Aw, Bernie...... I'm sorry.

Viva Indian Joe.

tripledigitken - 5-16-2007 at 05:04 PM

Could have been their trailer they used while filming?

DENNIS - 5-16-2007 at 05:26 PM

I hope so. I feel bad for messing with Bernies memories.

DENNIS - 5-16-2007 at 05:58 PM

Grover ---

Let me guess ....... No bars on the windows in that neighborhood.

DENNIS - 5-16-2007 at 06:02 PM

Now, how did that work?

Hey! Dennis don't feel bad

Baja Bernie - 5-16-2007 at 06:27 PM

They were more Joe's memory's than mine..............but he swore that it was used in that movie and a bunch of other stuff that I don't remember except the Disney characters, on both sides, were painted on when it was used as a meeting room or a dressing room on the studio lot.

Joe used the trailer as overflow sleeping space for his flakey friends from all over the world....hockey players from Canada, back country blokes from Australia.........crabbers from Alaska, oil guys from Saudia Arabia, and a few con men and crooks...........he just loved people like I do.......only difference is he never drew any lines.........Come to think of it, I don't know why he liked me but we did so enjoy each others company.

He even sent one of my books, to a State Prison back east, to one of his friends---no not a guard. Told me everyone in the joint enjoyed my book.........My response......those guys will read anything!

So much for memory's and boy do I have a ton.

I don't really care for mices..........rabbits, and roadrunners are more my speed!

This is the edit.....Besides I was just showing David K that I did remember how to load a picture.

[Edited on 5-17-2007 by Baja Bernie]