> material you responsibly removed from your "Nomad Discussion Board",
> will no longer be tolerated at any level and will be met by severe
> litigation. We are in the process to communicate this to the party
> responsible for the posts, as discussed in your phone conversation
> with Mr. Overcast.
>
> Thank you,
> Gearge Stevens, Esq.

Your client is no longer welcome, nor permitted on my property at bajanomad.com. Any future trespass will be forced interference with my property and rights.

The threat of "severe litigation" upon myself, disregards and/or breaches his agreement with me, and thusly his account and access permissions are rescinded.

I regret that I am not overly impressed by the Raspberry awards your client is receiving from the Baja California community.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

[Edited on 2-14-2004 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 2-14-2004 at 02:49 PM

btw...

That thread was removed from the forum because it violated the rules herein, being self-serving commercial drivel.

JESSE - 2-14-2004 at 03:27 PM

Es un pendejo.;)

Un-****-believable!

jeans - 2-14-2004 at 06:57 PM

(self-censored :lol: )

Thanks for taking out the garbage and giving him the boot!

The saga continues...

BajaNomad - 2-14-2004 at 07:09 PM

> Your personal comments regarding Mr. Overcast are duly noted.
>
> We will follow the activity on your "Board" with interest.
> Obviously, your take on our view of the "poster" in question,
> regarding future litigation, is something you do not like. Your
> personal comment regarding my client and twisting a 'thank you' into
> your own personal vendetta are now part of the record.
>
> Mr. Overcast was named an "Amigo de Baja California", by the
> government, the State of Baja California, Mexico, in 1999, among
> others. Hardly a "rasberry". In addition to the "pee off" response
> from your moderator, such comments portray an attitiude toward my
> client and his business that we take very seriously.
>
> I would suggest that you scrape up the money and seek counsel to
> determine what you have to risk, if you and your posters keep up
> such activity. Mr. Means, you have taken a thank you from me and
> turned it into everlasting scrutiny. I am sure a jury would see you
> are living up to your name.
>
> George Stevens, Esq.
>
>
> cc: Michael Overcast

Mr. Stevens,

A) Permission for yourself and/or any associates, to access my personal property ("Board" as you put it, "Server" as I would), including for purposes of "monitoring," is hereby revoked.
B) What you think is obvious, apparently only is to you.
C) You and Mike are the only ones on some vendetta. I have none, nor have a motive for such, unlike yourselves.
D) Let the record show that you have no problem misquoting me from the start. Rasberry?
E) Apparently your client doesn't take the customer service portion of his business very seriously, or there wouldn't be so many unhappy customers voicing such emotional opinions. I ran a search on "Mike Overcast" on Google today, and it appears this is a consistent problem for him.
F) The only person twisting words here sir, is you. For your own personal agenda.

--
Doug Means

BajaNomad - 2-14-2004 at 07:11 PM

http://www.bajanet.com/general_archive41/_general22/0000066a...

Conservation of Server Space - Adios Overcast
Remote Name: 4.63.62.23
Date: June 04, 2002
Time: 01:29 AM

Comments
I always treat server space as a valuable commodity, but especially when this discussion center exceeds the 300k mark. To be blunt, the "me vs. them" drivel which is consistently posted on this board by Mike Overcast of "baja ******" has lost all of its interest (assuming it ever had any). You will note that I conserved some server space by eliminating those tired threads that Mike continues to keep on life support.

I apologize for the late archive, but I promise to get it done before this work week is over.

Eric

I hope that the fact that Earle Robitalle kicked somebody off his board.....

Stephanie Jackter - 2-14-2004 at 09:54 PM

isn't necessarily considered justification to do so. I've always counted on you to do better than that, Doug. I don't follow many of Mike's posts, but some I've found informative and none offensive from the ones I did see.

Maybe I'm just sensitive, having been the victim of a lynching hosted by Mr. Robitaille et. al. He took the opportunity after ditching me from his board, to say a number of nasty things about me that I had no way of responding to. I think that's bad policy.

I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me, as you've always been a gracious host to me, and it's your party and you have it as you please, but hopefully, there's more to your desire to bump him than has met my eye. And I hope it doesn't become a regular feature as it just creates a situation where your good posters will start working to have others bumped. The potential for a slippery slope is definitely there.- Stephanie

BajaNomad - 2-15-2004 at 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Jackter
I hope that the fact that Earle Robitalle kicked somebody off his board..... isn't necessarily considered justification to do so.
Did I do so with you?

Because you have some facts here wrong, leads me to believe you've just become up-in-arms about this because of your own personal issues from the past.

A) The posting was by Eric, not Earle.
B) I noted it as being something I found after the fact, and had nothing to do with "justification." -- It shows that there are other similar problems from the past with the same pattern.

I find your quick-to-judge (and respond) statements contrary to how I think you would desire others treat you.

Quote:
I don't follow many of Mike's posts, but some I've found informative and none offensive from the ones I did see.
Maybe it's time to thank your (volunteer) moderators. Seems that they're doing a better job than you realize.

Quote:
Maybe I'm just sensitive, having been the victim of a lynching hosted by Mr. Robitaille et. al. He took the opportunity after ditching me from his board, to say a number of nasty things about me that I had no way of responding to. I think that's bad policy.
And you see that happening here?

:?:

Quote:
I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me, as you've always been a gracious host to me, and it's your party and you have it as you please, but hopefully, there's more to your desire to bump him than has met my eye.
And what does your gut instinct tell you in this case?

Fortunately or not, since this (as you put it) "party's" at my place, you will have to choose to trust in my judgement -- or not. But you'll find that there's no secure middle ground you can duck into.

Hell, even Nancy's still here (at least through today). Doesn't that speak VOLUMES about the situation?

:lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
And I hope it doesn't become a regular feature as it just creates a situation where your good posters will start working to have others bumped. The potential for a slippery slope is definitely there.
Nobody bumped Mr. Overcast -- or his counsel, except for themselves. They apparently would not accept the rules established to participate here.

So, did I get the name wrong or is there a Robitalle brother??

Stephanie Jackter - 2-15-2004 at 02:20 AM

You do have a point about Nancy! Funny how he seems to be one of the milder posters these days, !!!!

And the part about speaking from a position of someone who's been burned and still takes it personally? Absolutely, I do. I make no apology for that. And I stick by the point that ol' whatsisname Robitalle loaded my butt with buckshot for no good reason, therefore his actions are to be suspected.

But your point that I haven't seen whatever garbage may have been posted by Mike because of your and M's good moderation is one that leaves me without a leg to stand on. And I should have more than a modicum of faith in your good judgement by now.

The only stuff I've seen is a group of people on the board hacking away at Mike at every opportunity and it made me feel a little sorry for the guy even though I know his reputation was probably earned somewhere along the line.

Doug: "Fortunately or not, since this (as you put it) "party's" at my place, you will have to choose to trust in my judgement -- or not. But you'll find that there's no secure middle ground you can duck into."

C'mon now, Doug. Have I ever seemed like a "ducker" to you? If I was one, I wouldn't have offered my opinion in the first place. Odds are, everybody else on this board is smart enough to keep their heads down right now.......but me, I have this terrible habit....uh.....just a minute.....I'll tell you what it is as soon as I dig this bullet out of my skull.....

Party on, bro. I promise to do three "Hail Marys" and click on a few ads before I go to bed (I learned to fake catholocism really well when I lived in La Paz).

Uh oh. Now I'm in even bigger trouble!!- Stephanie :biggrin:;D

Doug

Skeet/Loreto - 2-15-2004 at 12:38 PM

I would like to say at this time that I was not intimatied by Mr. Overcast's Post which was placed shortly after my topic was opened as " Health Care" and an attempt to get information to put into a small booklet that might have helped a Traveler in Baja.

It is apparant to me that my Topic does not now seem to be of any Interest, there fore if you need the space i can delete it and try again at a later time when there is not so much of a controversy.

I stated that it was not a commercial project!

I am still concerned that there is a lacking in information regarding Health and Medical Care in Baja Sur.
Skeet/Loreto

BajaNomad - 2-15-2004 at 06:51 PM

Not to worry.

Mr. Overcast's problems are completely of his own making/creation/desire/choice.

--
Doug

BajaNomad - 2-15-2004 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Jackter
And the part about speaking from a position of someone who's been burned and still takes it personally? Absolutely, I do.
That doesn't make it okay to target me with your frustration.

Quote:
But your point that I haven't seen whatever garbage may have been posted by Mike because of your and M's good moderation is one that leaves me without a leg to stand on. And I should have more than a modicum of faith in your good judgement by now.
Please note, although some postings needed to be removed, that's been true of many postings by many people here. The primary reason his permissions here have been revoked however are that he has threatened me with legal action over the postings of another user here.

By using the board here, he clearly agreed to the following:

"You acknowledge that Q87 International and its affiliates do not control the information available on the bulletin boards and chat rooms and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, traveler's opinion page or in any chat room are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content."

As well as:

"NEITHER Q87 INTERNATIONAL NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE AND THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST Q87 INTERNATIONAL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON."

So, someone's trying to be a bully here, and I think this property will be a better and safer place without such a selfish individual using such scare tactics.

good job on all this Doug!

capt. mike - 2-16-2004 at 04:05 PM

Glad you stick up for your operation! I recall several instances of lost deposits $$'s never refunded and assorted other sleazola coming out of his "club" from the old Amigos days.....

kudos!

This so called Esq. better be careful with this words...

JZ - 2-16-2004 at 11:00 PM

I would wager that the following violates California Legal Ethics (or comes close). I am sure there are some attorneys on this board that would be more than willing to run it up the state bar disciplinary flag pole...

Be careful!

>would suggest that you scrape up the money and seek counsel to
> determine what you have to risk, if you and your posters keep up
> such activity. Mr. Means, you have taken a thank you from me and
> turned it into everlasting scrutiny. I am sure a jury would see you
> are living up to your name.
>
> George Stevens, Esq.

BajaNomad - 2-17-2004 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
I would wager that the following violates California Legal Ethics (or comes close). I am sure there are some attorneys on this board that would be more than willing to run it up the state bar disciplinary flag pole... Be careful!
This, of course, assumes there IS such an attorney by the name of George Stevens....

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_search.aspx?ms=ge...

...and using the email address "caboclub@cox.net"....

:rolleyes:

Neal Johns - 2-17-2004 at 04:52 PM

Thanks for everything you and your moderators do, Doug

BajaNomad - 2-17-2004 at 07:37 PM

And Neal....

Dang blast it, thanks for just being YOU!

:cool:

--
Doug

David K - 2-17-2004 at 10:35 PM

So, this attorney for Overcast sends you emails from Overcast's own computer email address? That seems odd... :yes::light::lol:

That May Not be Odd

The Gull - 2-17-2004 at 10:46 PM

David,

Think, if Overcast has as many customer problems as alleged on the various boards and reports on Google, etc. then he might just have an attorney living with him, day and night.

By the way, anyone who has an attorney as a friend might ask for them to look up this Esq person and check that he exists in the Calif Bar listings.

What are the odds? Could it be an alias of someone's???

Doug, you might check just for the interest of knowing. There are two active California Bar active members with the name of George Stevens. One is George Micheal Stevens and the other is Micheal George Stevens. One is in LA the other is in Santa Barbara. I figure it is low probability for either to rep for Overcast.

I did notice that one note was Gearge Stevens and the other was George Stevens. That is a tough typo to make if you know your own name and cannot spell it. Different hands are used on the keyboard to type those letters.

:smug::smug::smug::smug:

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by The Gull]

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by The Gull]

David K - 2-17-2004 at 11:33 PM

By George (Gearge?), I think you've got it!:light::O:lol::lol::lol:

crazyolbob - 2-21-2004 at 10:09 PM

I'm sorry to say, but I find this group of people on this board to be the most sniveling bunch of so called "grown-ups" I've ever had the unpleasure of reading.
I'd hate to think what you teach your children on how to handle situations such as this.

CRAZYOLBOB

Nikon - 2-22-2004 at 06:51 AM

With a username like yours, I think you're going to fit in well. Candor is important.

CrazyolBob

Skeet/Loreto - 2-22-2004 at 06:58 AM

Bob:Come on in the Water is fine, just a little muddy at times!

I need some help! I am outnumbered!
These youngins are ganging up on me.!
Skeet/Loreto

"In God We Trust"

State Bar Assoc. never heard of Overcast's attny.

Fang - 4-1-2004 at 09:50 AM

Found this interesting!

Thursday, April 1, 2004 State Bar Home

Home > Attorney Search

Attorney Name or Bar Number
Advanced Search ?
Include similarly sounding names and alternate spellings

Your search for Gearge Stevens returned no results.
Would you like to search for names that sound like Gearge Stevens?

Contact Us Site Map Notices ? 2004 State Bar of California

Me No - 4-1-2004 at 06:09 PM

Lets face it, Overcast has a history of using an alias to try and intimidate. :fire: I feel bad for all the people who lost money because they trusted him. I know they are many because I have read the posts over the years. Lets all just hope this guy isn't out trying to hawk Jimmy stories as we write this. Man would that pee me off.:mad: I'll resist the name calling here, but you can insert your own. M&^%$#%$^%^%$(*&^&^%,*&%^&%er.

Baja Bernie - 5-2-2004 at 09:46 PM

Well, Hell! I got so stimulated by the booksigning at Keri's that I have been looking at parts of the Nomad that I have never looked at before. For you people who have been around a long time I am sure that you don't even see the quicksand that puddles around you. Damn, an Esquire on this board is okay--even lawyers should be allowed a small say before we hang them as the Barb suggested.
I didn't realize that this Mr. Overcoat had such a sterling reputation when I questioned his misappropiation of Don Jimmy's manuscripts.
The lady, I think (but then I have been told that things are not as they may appear), that wrote some of her usual verbage supporting the liberal, down trodden, unwashed, and possible crooked is indeed attempting to bite the hands that feeds her.Senor Gull--very impressed by your ability to discern the obvoius, when you point it out.
And lastly, to Senor 'Don" Doug, I salute you for standing firm when the quickland and the crap is getting thick.

I had no idea

jrbaja - 5-3-2004 at 09:36 AM

of this guys reputation either Bernie. We all know what's up now and the word is being spread down here. Come to find out there are a number of still smoldering bridges this guy has crossed.
I suppose he had better pack a box lunch and carry a big stick while traveling in Baja if he continues this folly with Don Jimmys work.

Mexray - 5-3-2004 at 09:08 PM

I guess the 'fur' started flying while we were down in Mulege this spring...didn't catch it then...and I can see I didn't miss much, as they say.

It's always amazing to me how some people just try to mess things up, appparently, for their own personal 'enjoyment'...or some such rot!

I'm also continually amused at the rantings and ravings of the off-topic crap that gets thrown around - but not amused enough to wade through the 'muck' and get drawn, down into it! You have a lot more tolerance of all the off-topic Dibble, Doug, than I think I would ever have...

I visit Doug's great 'Nomad' board as I like to read and participate (to a small degree) in all the fun stuff about Baja California, and meet with some of the neat people that feel likewise!

Viva Doug's Baja Nomad Board; Viva Baja...or has someone already said that!

The Gull - 5-3-2004 at 11:42 PM

Overcast posted something on Fred's board last week. Usual stuff about how travellers can be helped.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by The Gull]

Thanks for keeping a clean site

Bruce R Leech - 10-11-2004 at 01:01 PM

Thanks for keeping a clean site

Bruce

[Edited on 8-22-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bajadtodebone - 1-18-2005 at 09:22 PM

Gaja Bernie,
It was not the Barb that suggested a solution for the affliction known as "lawyers" rather it was the Bard....aka William Shakesphere. Otherwise I agree javascript :icon(':rolleyes:')
No self-respecting attorney (oxymorron?)(sic) would infringe on freedom of speech. Would they?!:lol:

Bajatodebone

Baja Bernie - 1-19-2005 at 11:31 AM

It was a typo--meant it to be BarD just as I am sure you meant it to be BAJA Bernie and not Gaja Bernie

bajalera - 8-21-2005 at 07:14 PM

Plowing through this old thread made me wonder: Whatever happened to Stephanie Jackter?

BajaNomad - 8-22-2005 at 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
Plowing through this old thread made me wonder: Whatever happened to Stephanie Jackter?
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=3566&page...

cascabel 6 - 8-23-2005 at 12:35 PM

A review of the California State Bar registry reveals that there are five attorneys named George Stevens, only one of which is on active status.

There is a way to deal with Mr. Overcast. If anyone feels that they have been damaged monetarily because of Mr. Overcast allegedly not doing what he said he'd do, an action can be filed against him pursuant to California Business and Professions Code section 17200. If successful, he will have to disgorge profits improperly obtained. The last time this came up there were a number of people whose opinon was that they were mistreated by Mr. Overcast. Obviously, the more claims that are aggregated, the better.

Should "George Stevens, Esq." still be lurking, go to www.whiteoliver.com. If after reading this post and that website you still want to tussle - bring it on.

Dan White

I smell.....

flyfishinPam - 8-23-2005 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cascabel 6
......The last time this came up there were a number of people whose opinon was that they were mistreated by Mr. Overcast. Obviously, the more claims that are aggregated, the better.

Should "George Stevens, Esq." still be lurking, go to www.whiteoliver.com. If after reading this post and that website you still want to tussle - bring it on.

Dan White

An ambulance chaser! :barf:

chit, even here!

cascabel 6 - 8-23-2005 at 02:15 PM

Pam,

Unfortunately, you've misread my intent.

I have plenty of plenty of other work to do and would vastly prefer not to be dealing with Mr. Overcast and his minions if it is not necessary. However, if Mssrs. Stevens and Overcast want to stifle legitimate comment on this board and pick on our host, they have another thing coming.

Dan White

Cincodemayo - 8-23-2005 at 02:16 PM

What do you call 25 attorneys at the bottom of the ocean???

A GOOD start...

What do you need when you have 25 attorneys up to their necks in concrete??

MORE concrete!

cascabel 6 - 8-23-2005 at 02:23 PM

Cinco,

Hadn't heard the concrete one yet. Thanks for the new addition to my joke book!

Dan

Cincodemayo - 8-23-2005 at 02:27 PM

Anytime I can be of assistance with lawyer jokes cascabel!

Cincodemayo - 8-23-2005 at 02:31 PM

Here's another...
A snake and a rat cross paths and the snake looks at the rat and says boy you are sure ugly with those pointy ears, oily fur coat, hairless tail and you eat garbage only come out at night...you must be a rat. The rat looks at the snake and says well look at you...scaly, slithering around all the time, double pointy tongue that darts in and out...you must be an attorney.

cascabel 6 - 8-23-2005 at 02:44 PM

Good!

Twenty people are in a life raft with food gone and water periously low. Pretty soon the sharks start circling. All of a sudden two sharks come by the raft in parallel formation and the one lawyer in the raft steps on their backs whereupon the sharks head for the horizon. One remaining rafter asks, "What was that all about". Another replies, "Professional courtesy".

Cincodemayo - 8-23-2005 at 02:49 PM

You'll love this site...
http://www.power-of-attorneys.com/

What's the difference between

jrbaja - 8-23-2005 at 02:52 PM

a dead lawyer in the road and a dead skunk in the road?

Skid marks in front of the skunk.

cascabel 6 - 8-23-2005 at 03:22 PM

A great classic!

Dan

comitan - 8-23-2005 at 03:29 PM

Dan

Before you get lost in the shuffle, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob and Susan - 8-23-2005 at 03:41 PM

Yes Dan....it's about time...welcome

cascabel 6 - 8-23-2005 at 03:43 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

Actually been around for years on the old Amigos board and registered fairly early on with Nomads. However, lost my password and just got it back today.

Dan.

Yes I did miss your intent--

flyfishinPam - 8-24-2005 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cascabel 6
Pam,

Unfortunately, you've misread my intent.

I have plenty of plenty of other work to do and would vastly prefer not to be dealing with Mr. Overcast and his minions if it is not necessary. However, if Mssrs. Stevens and Overcast want to stifle legitimate comment on this board and pick on our host, they have another thing coming.

Dan White

With ONE post and all that first post was looking pretty fishy! I see now you have six, all on this thread.

Why is thes issue being brought up? I have no idea who this guy is but if anyone had any real leag issue with this person why do they announce it here? Just one of the reasons many people have stopped coming to this forum!