BajaNomad

'

Skeet/Loreto - 2-15-2004 at 07:59 AM

Thank You Grover for the Best and most accruate Repot About Baja.Now if you could just become a good Republican!
Man you do see Baja in the True Light.!

"In God We Trust"

Skeet/Loreto

Diesel too!

PJC - 2-15-2004 at 02:27 PM

Grover, the Diesel as well in Baja is far superior to the strange blend sold in Cali and a bit better than what is available in my locale, Las Vegas.

The Califia tower is leaning a dregee or two. The foundation os not sound. If you ever want to see a scarry site, go look at the underpinnings of the old Califia digs.

One thing you should notice as well is all the "fiber optic" signs lining the highways of Baja. Both Telnor and Telmex have spent a bundle on telecom. I think the "Microndas" are about to die.

Diesel's in Baja

PJC - 2-15-2004 at 05:00 PM

Unfortunately, private citizens cannot own diesel powered light trucks or cars in Baja.

The price of Pemex Diesel is subsidized for commercial use.

The latest complaint against Diesel soot will likely keep the small diesel powered trucks from being sold in the US. I also beleiev that those trucks still use the less emission efficient injector systems.

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by Baja Blackie]

bajalera - 2-15-2004 at 07:11 PM

Great report, Grover. Your assessment of the changes were interesting. But the more posts I read on getting in and out of TJ, the more confused I get.

bajalera

Enormo - 2-17-2004 at 10:02 AM

I've seen it breaking inside the jetties at La Salina at head high. :lol:

Too bad about the idiots and the outhouse at Rosalita. Everyone I have come in contact with is truly respectful to the locals in Baja. But there is always someone out there to ruin it... and they DO ruin it... after a couple events like the bano-burning the local attitude seems to sour a bit towards us gringos.

surfer jim - 2-18-2004 at 09:45 AM

Enjoyed your report...written in a way a surfer can understand....maybe you can go there more often...six years?....long time....

Julia - 2-21-2004 at 05:45 PM

What a glorious sensory description of your trip South...I could almost smell it....how is life at Punta San Carlos? Is there still development happening in El Rosario?
Ah...your writing evokes that wonderful ,timeless,reckless myth that becomes true life in Baja...
Julia
Still searching for Paul Curtis............