BajaNomad

Vehicle storage in Loreto

joel - 5-29-2007 at 11:07 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations for vehicle storage in Loreto? I'm planning on leaving my Suburban there for a month or so this summer.

Phil S - 5-30-2007 at 08:02 AM

The new ministorage facility out by the airport should be taking customers by now. Leave car at the facility, after dropping your luggage off. Then walk back to the airport. Less than 1/8th of a mile. Be good for you. Work those kinks out of your system before climbing aboard. Maybe someone, perhaps Don Alley might know the owners and knows about the fees. I was seriously considering that as an option myself should I decide to start flying in & out.

joel - 5-30-2007 at 08:10 AM

Hey, just did a search and found this:

http://www.loretostorage.net/parking.html

They're charging $50 per month uncovered and $100 per month covered parking. Seems like a good option, but a little steep.

I'm still interested if anyone has a guy they use and can recommend.

rhintransit - 5-30-2007 at 08:16 AM

there is uncovered vehicle 'parking' at the airport for 300 pesos/month the last I heard. it's out of the way, but several spots down here in El Juncalito, also uncovered, locals store boats, cars, etc. one I know of and can recommend. however I am sure you can find someone in town to store it for you. have you tried asking at trailer parks such as Riveria del Mar? their campground is practically empty in the summer and maybe they would consider it.

Loretana - 5-30-2007 at 09:15 AM

Joel,
You can call Yolanda here at the Rivera del Mar trailer park any time.
Her number is 613-135-0718. She speaks English well.
The park is practically empty, and I believe she would welcome your business. Her Dad is on the grounds 24-7, and the park is locked up tight at night.

backninedan - 5-30-2007 at 10:35 AM

Loreto shores RV park has vehicle storage, not sure on the rates.