BajaNomad

Need some advice

Barney - 2-18-2004 at 04:24 PM

At the end of March my wife and two small "flea bags" will be heading south toward San Felipi. we plan to stay for a week. We will be towing a trailer. I plan to take a space in a rv park for this week. At some point we would like to take an over night trip to Gonzaga Bay. So now I have two questions. What RV park is best recommended,(keeping security in mind.) What are the road conditions like to Gonzaga? About how much time would I expect to drive there.OOPS... That's three. I will be driving a 4 wheele drive truck. Thank you. Jerry

Corky1 - 2-18-2004 at 04:44 PM

I like this one. In San Felipe. On the beach side of the road. Walk to shopping. Corkyhttp://www.camposanfelipe.com/form1.html

David K - 2-18-2004 at 04:53 PM

Hey Corky, add a space between your name and the link you typed...

San Felipe to Gonzaga (100 miles, 30 paved well) by truck, no trailer would be 3 hrs. + photo stops. Top off gas tank before leaving SF! Maybe gas at Rancho Grande, Gonzaga... but don't bet on it, no gas in Puertecitos.

Barney - 2-18-2004 at 07:21 PM

Corky and David, Thank you for the info. I have a diesel truck that holds 37 gallons, do you think thats enough for a round trip and some sightseeing? I have heard one can get diesel in Gonzaga. Is that true, or is it "hit and miss?"

Corky......

Bedman - 2-18-2004 at 08:08 PM

I have a Diesel motorhome and have always been able to get Diesel at the rancho. One of the guys that works there once told me "They almost always have diesel, cause very few Mexican vehicles use it"

Bedman

Me No - 2-18-2004 at 08:29 PM

Bedman I admire the fact you drive you moho to Gonzaga. Got any pictures of it sitting on the beach there? Do the folks at the Rancho ask you any questions or look kind of funny at you when you pull up? :o

Motorhome and Gonzaga Bay

Bedman - 3-9-2004 at 08:21 PM

Me-No

I have a few pictures but none of them do Justice to the Actual Look on some faces when we roll into town....(did I say town?) I especially like Coco's "Welcome" as we rumble into his compound. He hears us befor he see us and always manages to position himself in the middle of the road. His hands held high, sometimes on a crutch sometimes on his prosthesis. He bellows in his most commanding voice ""STOP"" We always enjoy a stop and he always enjoys the fresh fruit the wife has secreted away just for him.

spring breakers

yankeeirishman - 3-9-2004 at 09:42 PM

spring breakers will be in SF in March :( You may want to camp further down past SF :) We be there too at the same time, look for the white safari Land Rover!

Camping South of San Felipe

David K - 3-10-2004 at 01:57 AM

Here's a nice quiet place: http://community-2.webtv.net/vivabaja/nm