BajaNomad

Recommended Diving Outfitter/Boats?

dshock - 6-10-2007 at 07:59 PM

My wife and I are heading to Baja for the next 5 weeks. I was recently PADI certified and she has a referal to complete her open water dives to finish her certification. We will be driving down to Cabo and would like to complete the certification during the northern part of our journey. From what I have read, the best place seems like La Paz? Is there a recommended Dive Shop in the area or an alternative location that would be better?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Ken Bondy - 6-10-2007 at 08:07 PM

dshock
La Paz is probably your best bet although you could also get it done in Loreto. In La Paz I would recommend either Baja Diving and Service (at the Club Cantamar) or Baja Expeditions.
++Ken++

Norm - 6-11-2007 at 06:07 AM

BAJA FUN IS THE BEST DIVE OUTFITT GOING IN LAPAZ . STOP BY & ASK FOR CHABELL, HE IS A DIVE MASTER , A VERY GOOD ONE !!!
TELL HIM NORM & SUE SAID HI.. WE WILL BE BACK IN NOV! HAVE A FUN TIME + IT WILL BE NICE & HOT !!!!!!:bounce::tumble: PS. THEY ALSO PICK YOU UP AT THE AIRPORT IF NEEDED..

elizabeth - 6-11-2007 at 06:41 AM

Congratulations on your certification...and your wife's near certification! If you choose Loreto, I highly recommend Dolphin Dive Shop on Benito Juarez. I have 60 dives with them, and I'm heading back for more! They are great. If you decide on Loreto and Dolphin, just be sure to e-mail ahead to be sure that an instructor will be there when you are.

Ken Bondy - 6-11-2007 at 08:06 AM

elizabeth do you recall what certification agency (PADI, NAUI, SSI....) is used by Dolphin Dive? Thanks ++Ken++

dshock - 6-11-2007 at 08:49 AM

Good recomendations! For Amber's certification, we really need a PADI dive shop, so I guess I will go to the PADI website to cross reference the recommendations with their online listing.

Thanks for the tips,
Dan

elizabeth - 6-11-2007 at 09:36 AM

Dolphin Dive is PADI...sorry I didn't mention that...thanks, Ken for the reminder. Check out their website.

Bajagypsy - 6-11-2007 at 09:38 AM

Cortez Explorers in Mulege is good as well. Mick is a good instructor, and is PADI. If you stop in to see him, tell him Allii and Todd say hi.

dshock - 6-22-2007 at 09:17 PM

Well, we got Amber's certification with Bruce at Dolphin Dive here in Loreto. Daniel, Rafael and Bruce took excellent care of us and we would highly recommend the shop to anyone coming to Baja for some diving.

Now we are heading to San Juanico for some surfing before going to La Paz, Cabo Pulmo and finally, Los Cabos for some more diving! We are having a blast.

Thanks for the tips!
Dan

bajajudy - 6-23-2007 at 06:59 AM

Be sure to dive the sand cascade in San Lucas. It is supposed to be awesome. I will try to find the name of a dive shop for you that some friends run..

Found the name

bajajudy - 6-26-2007 at 09:15 AM

Andromeda Divers
Sonja 624 12 25583

www.scubadivecabo.com