BajaNomad

Will it be dark where I want to watch the Baja K

vgabndo - 6-12-2007 at 12:09 PM

As I mentioned on another thread...a friend and I are in the beginning phase of planning a trip to BCS in November with our Dual Sport motorcycles. Am I figuring correctly that by the time the racers get to the turn south from the La Purisima road toward Loreto that it will be after dark?

TMW - 6-12-2007 at 01:06 PM

If you get closer to the finish line in Cabo it should be day light for the cars and trucks. The fastest bikes maybe not but soon would be.

Roberto - 6-12-2007 at 06:38 PM

That far south, the fast vehicles will come by at night. Slow vehicles will be going all day long the next day.

The course has not been published, and I wouldn't count on La Purisima (or anything) until it has been.

David K - 6-12-2007 at 08:12 PM

At last year's 1000, we were at Race Mile 328 (El Crucero) and the first bike arrived at noon with a BIG lead over the rest of the bikes... The first race cars (Trophy Trucks) arrived at sundown. It was pretty busy until midnight then things slowed a bit... we went to sleep about 3:30 am.

Baja&Back - 6-12-2007 at 09:15 PM

At last year's finish, only 2 entries finished in La Paz before dawn. This year will be 140 miles longer to Cabo, so anyone in the money will finish in daylight.