BajaNomad

Cops Everywhere

The Gull - 2-22-2004 at 05:16 PM

For the last three weeks, I have seen more people pulled over on the two roads between TJ and Playas de Rosarito than I have seen in 20 years.

The cops in town also seem to be a lot more active, not just on the highways.

If you have Spring Break and Easter Vacation visitors in your family or among your friends, please pass along a stern warning.

:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

[Edited on 2-23-2004 by The Gull]

JESSE - 2-22-2004 at 08:10 PM

I travel the roads almost everyday, and it seems pretty normal to me:?:

Radar Fed police

jandtbaja - 2-22-2004 at 09:51 PM

Hold your speed down to the posted 60k south of Guerrero Negro at K207, that is about 2 miles south of the Whale sign. Also south of Loreto at Nopolo and Puerto Escondido turn offs. $50 to $150 fines collected on the spot. Don't expect to get a written ticket (Ha Ha):no:

Passing the cop

thebajarunner - 2-24-2004 at 04:31 PM

Coming back from the eclipse (yyeahh, ancient history, I know) we were really hauling the mail in my Explorer.
We came up on a string of cars just out of Villa Constitucion, pulled out and passed the whole gang at an even 100 mph.
First in line, of course, was a Federale.
We all smiled, gave him a friendly wave, and kept the hammer down.
He never flinched, the line stayed tight behind, and needless to say we never saw him again.
(of course I made the mistake of driving my Porsche through Rosarito one Sunday morning and they came on me like flies on the honeypot)

Baja Arriba!!

One more black and white

bajagrouper - 2-25-2004 at 12:14 PM

Between San Ignacio and Santa Rosalia,parked right across from the road to the geothermal plant,he sits with his radar gun...enjoy

and another

jrbaja - 2-26-2004 at 03:11 PM

awaits your speeding american license plates north of El Centenario with a not so accurate radar gun. FOLLOW THE RULES and no hay problemas.