BajaNomad

overnighting in San Ignacio?

capt. mike - 2-23-2004 at 06:32 AM

what's the best place for an overnight stay in that town following a whales day at the lagoon? I would land at the paved strip 3 miles out of town and get a taxi. thx.

4baja - 2-23-2004 at 07:27 AM

rice and beans, good luck:coolup:

Wahle watch

baja Steve - 2-23-2004 at 08:28 AM

Rice and Beans is the best place for what you want. Recardo will pick you up at the airport and set up the trip for you also. His place is great, clean and good food. He also can set up a trip for you, one thing I would ask him is if you could fly out to the whale trip and have them pick you up at the airport for the whale trip. it would save about a three hour round trip by car.

thx steve and others!

capt. mike - 2-23-2004 at 08:49 AM

I figured R and B would come up but wanted some FB none the less. We fly into the lagoon's private strip 4 to 5 or more times each season and put my guests out with Carlos and Kuyima- www.kuyima.com -
then typically we go on to Mulege/Serenidad for the night. next 3 weekends the BBP have the WHOLE TOWN FULL so looking for alternate venues for my guests. I'll give Ricardo a call to see on res and a pick up that sat afternoon. For those with an interest I have some lagoon pics up at www.flybaja.com

David K - 2-23-2004 at 09:13 AM

Hi Mike, while I did see your posts here and on Fred's bbs were already answered with what I would have suggested (Int'l. Rice & Beans), if you are seeking other recommendations then consider Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast. They always get high reviews for their Mongolian Yurt tent-cabins and the food. http://www.ignaciosprings.com

got it thx.

capt. mike - 2-23-2004 at 12:59 PM

that web site won't come up for me, can't figure out why though. Anyway, 2 of the pax are elderly so a room over a yurt will be better. They really want to go to gonzaga if time allows.

David K - 2-23-2004 at 01:28 PM

Perhaps you need to download the visual program, as their web site is 'moving image with a slide show'. I am on my computer now, as WebTV could not open the link. It says that transportation to the airport is available. The Yurts are luxurious, fancier than Rice and Beans (which are very nice). If you want to impress some flying clients, I would check out Ignacio Springs. I have stayed and ate at Ricardo's and it is very good, for sure... Just no tropical atmosphere as he is next to the highway and not in the oasis on the river.

Bajaboy - 2-23-2004 at 09:08 PM

Hey Capn Mike-

I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for. We recently stayed at Rice and Beans and all was okay for an overnight stay. The rooms are clean and the food is good. But, the hotel is also on hwy 1 so there's a bit of traffic noise.

If I was staying in town for a few days, I think I would look elsewhere. Depending on your budget, La Pinta might be an option. It's closer to town and is supposed to be nice.

Just my thoughts...

Zac

Anonymous - 2-23-2004 at 11:24 PM

My mouth is watering just thinking about the chile rellenos and the pescado frito and........

ear plugs work. :spingrin:

egl

David K - 2-23-2004 at 11:50 PM

.... and MANGO MARGARITAS, Ricardo does it all!

rice,beans and grasshoppers

bajagrouper - 2-25-2004 at 12:23 PM

1.there is a landing strip at the lagoon,planes from San Diego were landing there last week...
2.rice &beans has the best food in town,but the hotel was full of grasshoppers,bring ear plugs or a giant fly swatter...
3.San Ignacio Springs is where I would stay if I went back there...enjoy