BajaNomad

Changing our identity

DianaT - 6-30-2007 at 07:40 PM

We really would like to change our identity from jdtrotter to something else---bored with jdtrotter. Is this possible, or do we have to start all over again??

Thanks
Diane

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by jdtrotter]

Osprey - 6-30-2007 at 08:07 PM

You can have mine. You couldn't pay me to be the way I am.

Diane

Baja Bernie - 6-30-2007 at 08:43 PM

I just lifted your signature.............I collect quotes and that is a great one............and unfortunately it has become all to true.

Should you decide to change your handle..........perhaps think of 'hands & hearts of Baja'

DianaT - 6-30-2007 at 08:57 PM

Osprey, I am one of your real fans---don't want your handle---just want to enjoy your stories.

Baja Bernis

We also love quotes---and yes, some just keep coming back to be true. History does not repeat itself, people just keep repeating the same mistakes.

Hands and hearts---ummm just need to change that to a simple baja name---help.

Sure hope we get the chance to meet in person in the near future. Baja is not just beauty, fishing, and surfing, it is soul. OK, we will probably disagree politically, but about Baja, we won't.

Diane and John

Glad you added John

Baja Bernie - 6-30-2007 at 09:02 PM

Iflyfish - 6-30-2007 at 09:04 PM

Mariposa,

The adult stage, don't have the name of the other stages. Metamorphasis. Don't know the Spanish.

Mariposa is already in use by another group, but I like the transformation that I hear in your post.

Iflyfish

DavidT - 6-30-2007 at 09:05 PM

That might require a special request to Doug.
Although being an agnostic, I'm not really sure if there is a Doug.:biggrin:

Bajafun777 - 6-30-2007 at 09:49 PM

Why not call yourselves BajaAmors or BajaTrippers or BajaManoYMano or BajaEnsenanza or BajaCurioidad. You just have to do what the others have told you in that permission of Doug is needed. However, I think the system may make you start all over again, if I remember correctly from a past post about this same topic a while back. This is going to get good as the jokers with the humorous names are forth coming just wait and see.

soulpatch - 6-30-2007 at 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
We really would like to change our identity from jdtrotter to something else---bored with jdtrotter. Is this possible, or do we have to start all over again??

Thanks
Diane

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by jdtrotter]

I, too, am bored w/jdtrotter:saint:. Not really. Actually I'm a bit envious.
I think you might have to start over. Try it. It can be exciting, especially if you wait to see if people can figure out who you used to be and then when the light comes on when you are outed:light:. I, personally, like to keep my "new beginnings" as transparent as I can w/o being blatant.

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by soulpatch]

DianaT - 7-1-2007 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidT
That might require a special request to Doug.
Although being an agnostic, I'm not really sure if there is a Doug.:biggrin:

As Unitarians, we certainly can not say for sure that a Doug exists, however we can certainly discuss the possibilities. :spingrin::spingrin:

Ok, still thinking about this-------looking at the suggestions, and if we do have to start over, it certainly won't be the first new beginnings we have experienced. Also, interesting thought about trying to not be discovered for a while.

Diane and John----yes, there is a John, the j in jd, and while he is often nearby and enjoys this forum, he just does not like to use the computer that much---of course maybe it is because it is occupied by me so much. :yes::yes:

DENNIS - 7-1-2007 at 08:08 AM

Diane -------

Are you going to change your avatar as well? Hope not. It's right off the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel, isn't it?

DianaT - 7-1-2007 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Diane -------

Are you going to change your avatar as well? Hope not. It's right off the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel, isn't it?

:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

BajaNomad - 7-1-2007 at 10:22 AM

Have you determined what username you desire to switch to?

When I actually make the change, you'll have to recognize the need to login using the new username when the present one doesn't work any longer.

I'm not a great fan of this, as I think it confuses folks who've come to associate your communications based around a certain "handle" - and they have to make a "shift" in going forward. Also, I wish to avoid a wave of these requests.

:biggrin:

Thanks,
--
Doug

toneart - 7-1-2007 at 10:32 AM

Diane (& John),

You may be bored with your username but I have come to know you and your hearts through your posts. I am not bored with jdtrotter. Even if you have to go into the Witness Protection Program I will hunt you down!:!:;):yes::cool:

Bob and Susan - 7-1-2007 at 10:36 AM

this is true...
a while back someone sent me an email and told me we had to stop using "bob and susan" because people thought it was them:lol::lol:

David K - 7-1-2007 at 10:41 AM

When we see the post from jdtrotter, we know it is going to be good... Think long about changing a good thing... Remember that you can always change your 'mood' on the bottom of your posts to reflect any emotions you want to share!

Like mine says: 'Have Baja Fever' and then there's 'So much Baja... So little time' as a signature at the bottom of my posts.

[Edited on 7-1-2007 by David K]

kellychapman - 7-1-2007 at 01:00 PM

lol....I've changed mine so many times but I am still the same....
kelly lynn hilburn ciliberti goldsmith waldrop chapman schlerf.....:O

toneart

Baja Bernie - 7-1-2007 at 01:24 PM

has it down pat!

toneart - 7-1-2007 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
has it down pat!

Thank you Bernie. They are nice folks.

DianaT - 7-1-2007 at 02:09 PM

Guess we are going to give this a lot more thought before we consider tampering with our identity.

John and Diane

Paula - 7-1-2007 at 02:21 PM

Diane, after reading everyone's comments I find myself hoping that you remain as the thoughtful, intelligent and gentle jdtrotter, trotting along through Baja with John and your very cute doggies. But it is your choice to make, and you should do what feels right.

I can relate to what you are feeling. Just a day or so ago I found myself wishing that I was Rosa del Desierto instead of just Paula.

REGISTER WITH A NEW HANDLE !!!

amir - 7-1-2007 at 09:51 PM

Dx: Multiple Personalities, sort of like a "Sackmaster".

Rx: Take a Nome-de-Plume and keep both Avatars going.

Reveal as much as you want. :dudette::o:O:o:O:bounce::bounce::bounce::O:o etc...

--Amir

Debra - 7-2-2007 at 12:03 PM

Thanks for bringing that up Doug, (I was going to mention that) I remember a few years back there was alot of handel changing going on.........YUCK! I confuse VERY EASILY!

DENNIS - 7-2-2007 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by amir
"Sackmaster"

--Amir

I HEARD THAT.......... Aw, what's the use.
C'mon Amir, you're baiting me when I'm in hot water up to my ears.
Hey, where's the wife? Havn't heard from her for a while. Is everything good?

toneart - 7-2-2007 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by amir
"Sackmaster"

--Amir

:rolleyes:

amir - 7-2-2007 at 09:23 PM

Quote:

Dennis, I knew your ears would itch when I wrote that... :lol::lol::lol:
You in hot water up to your ears? Did you get a hot tub?

And thank you for asking about my wife. She fine, was very busy for while fixing our house in Eugene, now she sold it a couple of weeks ago and the closing is this week. She's doing the last of the packing and even her computer is now in a box. She tells me she'll get active in Nomad again when she settles down here. I'm flying up to fetch her and we're driving down in about three weeks. She'll be tickled you asked about her... :bounce:

--Amir

David K - 7-2-2007 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Thanks for bringing that up Doug, (I was going to mention that) I remember a few years back there was alot of handel changing going on.........YUCK! I confuse VERY EASILY!

YAH, 'TRAVELPEARL'!!!:o:yes::lol::cool:

Sharksbaja - 7-2-2007 at 11:17 PM

You bad David!:lol:

David K - 7-2-2007 at 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
You bad David!:lol:

Just once in a while Corky! (got to keep 'em on their toes, right?)

fdt - 7-3-2007 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
---bored with jdtrotter.
Thanks
Diane

WORDS FROM A SONG BY JULIETA VENEGAS - LIMóN Y SAL (LEMON AND SALT)
Tengo que confesar que a veces
no me gusta tu forma de ser
luego te me desapareces y no entiendo muy bien por qué
no dices nada romántico cuando llega el atardecer te pones de un humor extraño con cada luna llena al mes.

Pero a todo lo demás le gana lo bueno que me das sólo tenerte cerca siento que vuelvo a empezar.

CORO:
Yo te quiero con limón y sal, yo te quiero tal y como estás,
no hace falta cambiarte nada,
yo te quiero si vienes o si vas,
si subes y bajas y
no estás seguro de lo que sientes.

Tengo que confesarte ahora
nunca creí en la felicidad
a veces algo se le parece, pero
es pura casualidad.

Luego me vengo a encontrar con tus ojos y me dan algo más
solo tenerte cerca siento
que vuelvo a empezar.

http://www.mp3raid.com/search/download-mp3/1/limon_y_sal/1.h...

Speakers on.
saludos
fernadetijuana ;D

Debra - 7-3-2007 at 02:31 PM

I only changed once, and that was going from Amigo's to Nomad's. Everybody knew who I was anyway :P SO THERE! :biggrin:

David K - 7-3-2007 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
I only changed once, and that was going from Amigo's to Nomad's. Everybody knew who I was anyway :P SO THERE! :biggrin:

Okay 'travelpearl', only once! If 'Debra' wasn't available, what was your next choice... or would we still be calling you by the original handle, 'travelpearl'???:?:

How about some daily or weekly news reoprts from L.A. Bay? (if you are still there):light:

Thanks!!!

Debra - 7-3-2007 at 07:11 PM

First, I might have still used "Travelpearl" (remember, it was "Travelpearl aka Debra) Probably should have. At that time I knew I was the only Debra (remember this was 2002......)

I'm not in Bahia, I'm in my second home for the summer, be back down in Sept. Everyone drop on by for my casa warming party.... (bring nails and hammers!) :D:D:D:D

Debra

Baja Bernie - 7-5-2007 at 09:54 AM

That is why I was tongue-tied when I first met you in person....I didn't know who to call you:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

DianaT - 7-5-2007 at 03:56 PM

Hi,

Not changing it---even if we wanted to, we are back in Asuncion right now and it would take way too long on this Internet Cafe dial up----so jdtrotter we shall remain --- it is who we are.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.
Diane and John

David K - 7-5-2007 at 07:33 PM

Wonderful!!!

MoFish - 7-8-2007 at 09:40 PM

I used to be les fish

Sistine Chapel

CaboRon - 7-14-2007 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Diane -------

You are close... I have attached a detail of the piece titeled the "Hand of God and Adam" by Michelangelo on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel......Cabo Ron

[Edited on 7-14-2007 by CaboRon]

Trying to Reach You

CalyCanto - 12-21-2011 at 04:22 PM

You sent a communication re our website via a comment I could not post and then submitted an email with an email address which keeps bouncing. Can you please email me at info@calycanto.com?

[Edited on 12-21-2011 by CalyCanto]

Packoderm - 12-21-2011 at 05:39 PM

What will be your new Nomad name Mrs. T?

woody with a view - 12-21-2011 at 05:49 PM

you all realize this is a 4 year old thread?

David K - 12-21-2011 at 06:08 PM

Yah, and even though she said she wouldn't change it... she did... :O

woody with a view - 12-21-2011 at 06:30 PM

that's what women do, change their minds-again!:lol: