BajaNomad

Where's everyone visiting from? Have a look!

BajaNomad - 7-2-2007 at 09:23 AM

Some fun.

Near the bottom of the page(s) is a small graphic that says "GEO VISITORS" - click on that and be taken to a site with a map showing where this site's visitors (from the past 24 hours) are connecting from (based upon their IP addresses).

If you look at it right this very moment... it'll be visitors from the past hour or less of course...

--
Doug

Sallysouth - 7-2-2007 at 09:30 AM

Where Doug?I can't see anything like that???:no:Nevermind, I had to put my glasses on!! Found it!

[Edited on 7-2-2007 by Sallysouth]

bajajudy - 7-2-2007 at 09:33 AM

That is cool, Doug, but why am I not on it?

Also, clicked on your link to "The Secret" which I am currently reading. Thanks

bajalou - 7-2-2007 at 09:42 AM

Pretty slick Doug. Telnor ISP shows up as Tijuana location - What's the green one in Mexicali??

Well, well, I check out some more and I find it's me - in San Felipe - when I do any speed tests etc it shows me in Tijuana??

[Edited on 7-2-2007 by bajalou]

oldhippie - 7-2-2007 at 09:42 AM

Very cool except its got me about 1500 miles from where I am. Looks like it thinks I'm in Monterrey. Must be where my ISP is based.

bajalou - 7-2-2007 at 09:46 AM

Judy

the box upper right just above the map "View" - you can select "Show Yourself" and I'll show where it thinks you are.

If it shows a green one, that's the place it thinks you are.

[Edited on 7-2-2007 by bajalou]

bajajudy - 7-2-2007 at 09:50 AM

Thanks, Lou but I am out of the zoom level....I knew that!

bajalou - 7-2-2007 at 09:54 AM

I think if there's a green one, thats where your ISP is way out on zoom level.

Bajagypsy - 7-2-2007 at 10:05 AM

That is way cool, kinda scary, that it knows where you are but cool.

Iflyfish - 7-2-2007 at 10:08 AM

Wow, that is amazing, and spooky, very spooky.

I saw Diver jump on and then off while I was searching! Amazing, really amazing.

Iflyfishbutnotanonomouslyanymore

Iflyfish - 7-2-2007 at 10:10 AM

Thanks Doug!

Iflyfish

Don Alley - 7-2-2007 at 10:41 AM

I've checked and re-checked. According to the software, I (or my ISP) am in Uraguay.

Well, it is a World Wide Web!

BajaNomad - 7-2-2007 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
According to the software, I (or my ISP) am in Uraguay.

Not sure what they're using to geo-target, but according to this site, you're IP indicates La Paz, BCS:

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

;)

--
Doug

JZ - 7-2-2007 at 10:46 AM

Yeah, assuming I'm the green one, it thinks I'm in the mid-west about 2,000 miles away.

Uh oh.

DanO - 7-2-2007 at 11:04 AM

I seem to be in the Rosedale Cemetery in Los Angeles. Come to think of it, I have been feeling a bit tired, but I had no idea I was dead. Maybe this is a sign.

osoflojo - 7-2-2007 at 11:40 AM

Uh Oh, I think I am busted.........the men in black should be here any moment.........

Riom - 7-2-2007 at 01:09 PM

A couple of hundred miles out for me - locates me in a town with the same name in an adjacent country.

Sallysouth - 7-2-2007 at 01:37 PM

Whoa, I am at the Marine Base in Tustin! Now that is kind of scary:wow:

Don Alley - 7-2-2007 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
According to the software, I (or my ISP) am in Uraguay.

Not sure what they're using to geo-target, but according to this site, you're IP indicates La Paz, BCS:

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

;)

--
Doug

I tried that, they say they are unable to locate me at this time.

Now I don't know where I am. Or who I am. Am I at an undisclosed location? Am I Dick Cheney?

uraguay.jpg - 42kB

Eli - 7-2-2007 at 01:57 PM

Me too Don. The site sez I am in uncharterd territory- actually I am in Chiapas. Ni modo, I always knew that anyway you want to look at it, I am off the map. I will try again later and see if I can't find me, for sure I know I am here.

Diver - 7-2-2007 at 02:14 PM

When I looked, I am shown as a green ballon and all others are shown as red.

Don Alley - 7-2-2007 at 02:18 PM

Never mind, I am in Uruguay. And I learned how to spell it too.

My bad.

It's nice here.

:biggrin:

bajajudy - 7-2-2007 at 02:43 PM

AH HA.
Now we know why Prodigy is so slow.....it has to come all the way from Uruguay!;D

[Edited on 7-4-2007 by bajajudy]

Huh??

tehag - 7-2-2007 at 03:31 PM

Just woke up from siesta and was amazed to discover that I somehow slept my way to Uruguay.

toneart - 7-2-2007 at 04:19 PM

Oh good! They've got me at an airforce base about 50 miles from my actual location. Nice to know that Big Brother doesn't know where I am. "Just because I'm not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me." :lol::O:cool:

FARASHA - 7-2-2007 at 09:47 PM

SO - Bernie kicked me outta bed, to go and have a look at that new TOY here - UH - I seem to understand " NADA" cant find anything nor do I find my Location - LOL still too sleepy or what? - DOUG???

FARASHA - 7-2-2007 at 09:52 PM

OOOOKAYYYYYYYYY - used the GEOBYTES Link - wow, right on spot COOOOL. LOL Heheheh - now it's time for my Morning Coffee!!!>f<

Never

Baja Bernie - 7-3-2007 at 08:19 AM

Have I seen so many folks trying to figure out where they are! As old as I am I still have a feel for that without checking a map.

It is fun to see those dots all over the map, even URGAY--I didn't not learn how to spell it.

I guess that I will have to forget, "Have a Great Baja Day," and settly for, "Have a Great World Day!"...............Nah!

P.S. Wonder who is in India?

[Edited on 7-3-2007 by Baja Bernie]

bajajudy - 7-3-2007 at 06:59 PM

I am surprised that this thread hasnt generated more interest. Did you all see all those places that people have posted from?
cool:cool::coolup::cool::coolup::cool::coolup::coolup::cool::coolup::dudette:

David K - 7-3-2007 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Have I seen so many folks trying to figure out where they are! As old as I am I still have a feel for that without checking a map.

It is fun to see those dots all over the map, even URGAY--I didn't not learn how to spell it.

I guess that I will have to forget, "Have a Great Baja Day," and settly for, "Have a Great World Day!"...............Nah!

P.S. Wonder who is in India?

[Edited on 7-3-2007 by Baja Bernie]

But Bernie, haven't you used Google to see your van in your driveway... you can almost see the 'got baja?' sticker!!!:lol::light:

Sallysouth - 7-3-2007 at 11:09 PM

Yeah Judy, but you are in Urugauy! It's fun but a bit off base, if you know what I mean. And I would also wonder, along with DK who is in India???

FARASHA - 7-4-2007 at 12:22 AM

hehehe - keep wondering - and from tomorrow on you will all wonder who is in ?????? and that will be ME!! That is the good thing with the Internet - you can always be intouch with Baja Nomads!! I just Love it!!

mulege

mulege marv - 7-4-2007 at 05:18 AM

huh, they moved mulege off the river and up into the mountains, well at least we wont have to worry about flooding again !

2aniGif.gif - 15kB

Cypress - 7-4-2007 at 05:49 AM

Happy 4th. of July!