BajaNomad

Baja Mobile brought us to Cabo and is getting ready to take us home!

dshock - 7-4-2007 at 08:14 PM

Well,

We are about 4000 miles into the trip. We have had a couple issues to troubleshoot along the way, but the truck has performed really well! We left Loreto and drove over the mountains to Scorpion Bay. It was a great drive - about 100 km of unpaved roads. The middle 50 km were quite rough. I would say that they were really challenging the Land Cruiser, but they were good enough!

We had a couple days of camping at Scorpion Bay and they we headed to La Paz for some diving. A couple nights there and a couple very memorable dives (one with the sea lions).

And, then we headed to Los Cabos. We have had a great time here living in a little more style than we had grown accustomed. We have been doing some surfing, diving, and lounging by the pools!

Tomorrow we start our journey home. Of course turning North still leaves us with about three weeks on the road!

Have a great day,
Dan

bajalou - 7-4-2007 at 08:18 PM

Sounds like a great time - thanks for the report

tunaeater - 7-4-2007 at 09:42 PM

Great trip !
Funny picture of the arch as I have only gone through it on a boat...
Great stuff!

jerry - 7-4-2007 at 11:47 PM

sweet life really is a beach have a good one:bounce::bounce::bounce:

TMW - 7-5-2007 at 07:22 AM

Beautiful country, wish I was there. Thanks for sharing.

bajataco - 7-5-2007 at 09:42 AM

Dan, I envy you! Your TLC 60 with all of the kit is a sweet overland machine for sure. How is the RTT working for you (looks like the new expedition model?)

I love the photos. That pic of your sweetheart with the waterfall in the background is awesome.

[Edited on 7-5-2007 by bajataco]

joel - 7-5-2007 at 03:59 PM

Dan,

That's funny to see your post. I was in Scorpion Bay at the same time -- with my wife and our 4 and 6 year old sons. I remember seeing you out in the water and your crazy Land Cruiser set-up.

Joel

dshock - 7-6-2007 at 10:35 AM

The tent was great! It worked flawlessly. It is an ARB prototype model. They now have the production units available and they are slightly different. Overall, I think that it is a great way to travel! We had some pretty good wind during the day a couple times when we were set up and it handled it fine, but I wouldn't say that we saw the wind as bad as it can get in Baja.

Joel,

Where were you set up? There were a lot of folks there, and we were only there for a couple days, but it sure was a nice spot to hang out!

Have a great day,
Dan